Ruger9a

58 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Not a clue, I'm afraid. :shrug:

Love the emoji!!!  It may be too degraded to be able for anyone to identify, but I won't give up hope. 

9 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Try Rodney Feldman. Maybe he would know.

Thank you.  Is he a member of TFF?

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@MB 

Alex is also an international expert on decapods.  ;)

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

12 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

Thank you guys...….  Maybe Rodney (the Geologist) can help with the specifics.

I'm sure he is a great geologist, but his primary research has always focused on crustacean paleontology. 

Feldmann CV

Feldmann RG

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

These are not lobsters.  They are raninoidid or possibly paleocorystid crabs (Raninoidea or Paleocorystoidea).  See MB Fossil Crab's web pages here and here for some examples.

Don

• I found this Informative 7

57 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

These are not lobsters.  They are raninoidid or possibly paleocorystid crabs (Raninoidea or Paleocorystoidea).  See MB Fossil Crab's web pages here and here for some examples.

Don, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw them, but I don't like getting out of my comfort zone.  :shakehead:

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

I see definite crustacean texture on this.  If you do send Feldman or anyone else photos, you ought to try to get better shots; more in focus.  People send me photos to ID often enough, and my reaction is that if they can't take the time to get a nice fosused photo, what makes them think I have the time to decipher them?  

• I found this Informative 2

53 minutes ago, jpc said:

I see definite crustacean texture on this.  If you do send Feldman or anyone else photos, you ought to try to get better shots; more in focus.  People send me photos to ID often enough, and my reaction is that if they can't take the time to get a nice fosused photo, what makes them think I have the time to decipher them?  

JPC,   Ouch, I've already sent Mr. Feldmann these photos.  Thanks for the recommendation, they actually looked clearer before I cropped them.  Do you think I should try a different camera and send him updated photos or just wait to see if he responds first?  

3 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Don

43 minutes ago, MB said:

I think this is a Ferroranina dichrous with an incomplete front. Surely from the Britton Fm. (turonian) of Texas.

Thank you guys!  I will check these out.  

JPC, I am still thinking along with you on this as it still looks like a crustacean to me.  I hope these are better photos.  They are top, left, right, rear, bottom, bottom2 and front bottom up.

DSCN4110 (2).JPG

DSCN4114 (2).JPG

DSCN4115 (2).JPG

DSCN4116 (2).JPG

DSCN4118 (2).JPG

DSCN4119 (2).JPG

DSCN4120 (2).JPG

22 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Don

On 2/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, piranha said:

On 2/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ludwigia said:

Try Rodney Feldman. Maybe he would know.

19 hours ago, MB said:

Compare with some samples here: http://www.mbfossilcrabs.com/PALAEOCORYSTOIDEA.html

OMG, thank you guys!  My eyes kept seeing a lobster, how little I know.  Dr. Feldmann just confirmed your analysis.  Quote  "Wayne. It is not a lobster, it is a raninid crab, Cretacoranin testacea. I am attaching a paper in which it is illustrated. It is really a very nice specimen. "  I tried to attach his paper but I can't for some reason, sorry.  Thank you all for taking the time to assist in the identification of this fossil. 

• I found this Informative 1