dinosaur man

Share your strangest prehistoric creatures!!

grandpa

Ooh, that's a good one.  I can't wait to see what this thread produces.  I'll have to do a little research to come up with my choice.  I'll get back to you.  Yours will sure be hard to top, me thinks.

Wrangellian

The Tully Monster comes to mind... which someone proposed might be a relative of Opabinia.

The further back in time you go, the more strange things would tend to appear, so of course Burgess contains a number of oddballs, but if you go further back to the Ediacaran, you have even more weird and perplexing things, such as the Trilobozoans. No one knows what those were!

dinosaur man
4 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

The Tully Monster comes to mind... which someone proposed might be a relative of Opabinia.

The further back in time you go, the more strange things would tend to appear, so of course Burgess contains a number of oddballs, but if you go further back to the Ediacaran, you have even more weird and perplexing things, such as the Trilobozoans. No one knows what those were!

I agree, it gets stranger the further back you go.

dinosaur man
9 minutes ago, Misha said:

Ainiktozoon is not too weird but still not very widely known, I could not find many illustrations of this Silurian animal online but this seems like a good representation of it.

Ainiktozoon_loganese-1.jpg

Looks like an Alien!