Giant ground sloth ungual?

Notidanodon

I had no idea what this one was, probably just a scrap of bone but worth checking I think, sorry for lack of scale but it’s around 14 cm long it’s from STH (also I havent fully prepped it yet as I want to know whether to get someone with air tools to do it or do it myself)

0809CA04-3744-42BE-913A-03B87145CEFC.jpeg

1B441C09-2EE4-4834-980C-604306AF89BF.jpeg

F9F80747-0B41-4AF6-B14B-E8B97DA7912E.jpeg

9DB18DAE-B76A-4E68-A35D-20D96AD73454.jpeg

CE3ECF51-F860-4C42-9B4F-0D2697A3F639.jpeg

B5FA9AA2-D4BF-40AB-9E9E-1FD39AB13B02.jpeg

That doesn't look anything like bone from STH. Plus it definitely wouldn't be sloth from that location.

If anything it would be more likely cetacean.

Where did you obtain it?

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

It’s definitely STH I bought a bunch of matrix from member on here:), I Gave that potential I’d as I remember something catching my eye about it and the one seems highly worn so I wasn’t sure

Try using rubbing alcohol and a stiff toothbrush to clean it more, then re-photograph.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

It doesn't resemble in any way any sloth ungual I've seen.  Unguals in sloths are the claw cores.  There are six sloth unguals in various conditions in this image:

sloth_toesA.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

2 minutes ago, Harry Pristis said:

It doesn't resemble in any way any sloth ungual I've seen.  Unguals in sloths are the claw cores.  There are six sloth unguals in various conditions in this image:

sloth_toesA.JPG

sorry yes i was just saying something of the top of my head because i had recently seen something that looked very similiar and thats what popped into my mind, its clearly not right, nice specimens you've got there though:drool:

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Try using rubbing alcohol and a stiff toothbrush to clean it more, then re-photograph.  ;)

yes i had to remove about 4cm of matrix from this so just a few finer details to do, the problem is the bone is very fragile