fossil_sea_urchin

Hi, everyone I had a great hunt at Charmouth today and found a couple of rarer remains. I found two articulated Ichthyosaurus vertebrae almost as soon as I walked onto the beach and later on another bone that is probably Ichthyosaurus as well. Seldom do I find any decent marine reptile remains, so this was a good trip for me.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Just now, Pterygotus said:

Black ven? :)

Surprisingly, no. I just headed along stonebarrow and after about hundred meters, I saw some pyrite. The beach wasn't quiet either, but the majority of people were dog-walkers. I think what made it a good hunt was how extremely low the water was, you would have had no problem walking to Golden Cap.

• I found this Informative 2

2 minutes ago, fossil_sea_urchin said:

Surprisingly, no. I just headed along stonebarrow and after about hundred meters, I saw some pyrite. The beach wasn't quiet either, but the majority of people were dog-walkers. I think what made it a good hunt was how extremely low the water was, you would have had no problem walking to Golden Cap.

Any ammonites? :)

This is the best picture I could get, I will take it to the coast centre next week anyway. @Pterygotus some very nice ammonites, but they're not nearly as rare as vertebrates, at least not the vast majority of them.

IMG_0079.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Great to find them so early on.

• I found this Informative 1

Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead.