Show us Your Epic Herbivore Teeth!

Huntonia

Reading an ID topic today by none other than @Ruger9a I was realizing how little love the herbivore teeth get sometimes. Personally I love herbivore teeth, especially proboscideans (although I don't have many). So I thought I'd start a topic to show off your underappreciated plant eaters. Note: all herbivores are welcome, not just proboscideans, and not just mammals. Have fun with it!

• I found this Informative 2

Ok then a third premolar (p3) from the Early Miocene horse, Parahippus sp. North Florida

E14AD76D-F01F-43F8-A38B-7BDB66332832.jpeg

3995AD78-B7A6-4C1E-AB6F-DDF40459EEBF.jpeg

BC47F0FB-D06D-43CB-BEFC-C9EEBA8D4F4C.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Ok then a third premolar (p3) from the Early Miocene horse, Parahippus sp. North Florida

I like it! We're off to good start

Hi @Huntonia Good timing. Only just today I took pics of some of my herbivore dinosaur teeth so here goes...Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, indeterminate Brachiosauridae, Iguanodon x 2, Ceratopsian tooth. Second riker mostly different species of Madasgascan sauropod teeth and a tooth from Spain followed by a partial Jobaria tooth (Niger), another Iguandon with detailed ridges (UK) and an indeterminate titanosaurid (Argentina - from an old collection)

20200320_214956.jpg

20200320_215011.jpg

• I found this Informative 13

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

5 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Hi @Huntonia Good timing. Only just today i took took pics of some of my dinosaur herbivore teeth so here goes...

20200320_164740.jpg

20200320_164610.jpg

I don't see the photos???

Just now, Ruger9a said:

I don't see the photos???

Should see them now replaced photos. Refresh page

57 minutes ago, Huntonia said:

Reading an ID topic today by none other than @Ruger9a I was realizing how little love the herbivore teeth get sometimes. Personally I love herbivore teeth, especially proboscideans (although I don't have many). So I thought I'd start a topic to show off your underappreciated plant eaters. Note: all herbivores are welcome, not just proboscideans, and not just mammals. Have fun with it!

Thanks Huntonia, this is a great topic.  My Granddaughter is here for a visit so I will be posting photos in an hour or so.  

• I found this Informative 1

23 minutes ago, Huntonia said:

Some very impressive teeth @Jaimin013

Thanks! Spent about 2 years collecting these teeth. Herbivore teeth are awesome. Good idea on the topic, I had been thinking of doing something similar so glad you have started it.:ighappy: :dinothumb: :ank: 

How about a larger herbivore? Columbian Mammoth (Mammuthus columbi) found in the Peace River about 5 years ago. Weighs in at just a little under 13 pounds (~5.7 kg).

P5190007.jpg

P5200015.jpg     P5200016.jpg

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 17

7 minutes ago, digit said:

How about a larger herbivore? Columbian Mammoth (Mammuthus columbi) found in the Peace River about 5 years ago. Weighs in at just a little under 13 pounds (~5.7 kg)

Cheers.

-Ken

13 pounds!? If I was drinking something I think I would have spit it out just now. What an incredible find!

Shouldn't this be in member collections like many of the other "Show us your ..." threads?

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

10 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Shouldn't this be in member collections like many of the other "Show us your ..." threads?

That's my bad, I don't think I can change it now. If any mods would be willing to move the topic real quick that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: thanks :)

Here is part of a jaw of a Subhyracodon (formerly Aceratherium) with 2 partials and one complete tooth.  Subhyracodon is a hornless Rhinoceros from the late Eocene-early Oligocene period.  It's from White River, South Dakota and is a fairly rare find.

subhyracodon1.jpg

subhyracodon2.jpg

subhyracodon3.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

2 minutes ago, Harry Pristis said:

Here's a herbivore:

Really beautiful tooth. You got love them buck tooth critter. :)

...and here are a few much smaller mammal teeth, all vegetarians.  The bottom one is a multituberculate molar.  You'll have to google that one.  (They might be more omniivorous than veggiesaurus, but it is a really cool tooth). The top tooth in the pair might be a Hyracotherium, the dawn horse, one of the more common teeth in the eary Eocene around here.  If these look familiar, I am recycling these from a post 5 years ago (which also had some carnoivore teeth).  These pix are as seen through the microscope and those are mm and cm measurments

IMGP1891.thumb.JPG.2e12706582545597d6f41c30c05ab142.JPG 

IMGP1895.thumb.JPG.03fa0f01252a0381ab6acfedcecdef0c.JPGIMGP1893.thumb.JPG.a047ce20186dcffc05b804bd85b94057.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

1 hour ago, Harry Pristis said:

Here's a herbivore:

desmostylus.jpg

That's a nice looking tooth!!!

32 minutes ago, jpc said:

...and here are a few much smaller mammal teeth, all vegetarians.  The bottom one is a multituberculate molar.  You'll have to google that one.  (They might be more omniivorous than veggiesaurus, but it is a really cool tooth). The top tooth in the pair might be a Hyracotherium, the dawn horse, one of the more common teeth in the eary Eocene around here.  If these look familiar, I am recycling these from a post 5 years ago (which also had some carnoivore teeth).  These pix are as seen through the microscope and those are mm and cm measurments

IMGP1891.thumb.JPG.2e12706582545597d6f41c30c05ab142.JPG 

IMGP1895.thumb.JPG.03fa0f01252a0381ab6acfedcecdef0c.JPGIMGP1893.thumb.JPG.a047ce20186dcffc05b804bd85b94057.JPG

Nice teeth.  I like um!