KemKem Vertebra

Abstraktum

Hello everyone :)

so we have this Vertebra here from Taouz, Morocco, KemKem. 

It's just described as a Dinosaur Vertebrae, no further ID. 

Really not sure what to make of it. Is it a Franken-Vertebra? 

Just not good enough prepped? 

A big cluster of glue and different bone fragments? 

Just very bad weathered?

It is at a reasonable price I'm willing to pay even if it turns out the be just a Franken-Vertebra while I work on it. Just to get some training on prepping. 

But I would love to hear if it is worth to spend any money on it. 

And while we're at it: And ID possible? Is it Dinosaur? Maybe Theropod? Or Croc? Or just not possible to ID?

Unfortunately there are no other pictures available. 

Size is 91 mm x 76 mm (3.58 inches x 2.99 inches)

Any help is welcome. Thank you! ^_^

Unbenannt1.png.582d955ffd32f8939ccfba73f15b3caa.pngUnbenannt2.png.08785b60a07ecbf09542c45cce5ef569.pngUnbenannt3.png.509ed8bbfab44d2fe850f75183eb2551.png

There's lots of work done on this one. It's hard to tell if it's just extensive repair that's just badly done or that it's a composite. But I'm leaning towards most of the centrum being original pieces at least.

If you think the price is good, then sure it might be a good project to get a better handle on prepping restored Kem Kem stuff.

In terms of ID, if for the moment we consider this as if there's no compositing done at all... Then I think this looks like a cervical vertebra. I'm thinking croc. There are some areas that kinda look like spino cervical, but the front isn't convex enough I think. But that might just be the damage. But a good prepping will definitely tell more afterwards. Also a photo of the side would help with ID.

But yeah, it's not a pretty piece.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Looks like a hack composite/repairs and in the end I would say Croc.  Not worth the view pretty bad.

• I found this Informative 2

• Fossildude19 changed the title to KemKem Vertebra

Oooo... look at all the matrix putty.. Or should that be called spackle? :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.