Echinoid spine or crab leg?

Bonehunter

So-this collected yesterday in the Kansas City area again, but not sure what "layer" as the road cut was a jumble of mixed rock. My first thought was sea urchin spine, but I see only one row of spines, similar to what you see on many crustaceans; even though it is half-buried I thought sea urchin spines had generalized "points"?.... thanks again for all your patience reviewing these!   Bone

IMG_0880.jpg.26c47c3c839828984a313708204b0014.jpgIMG_0882.jpg.2528c40a5e662155e9ae2b411bdb95cc.jpgIMG_0884.jpg.89924e2b939da0f3fb9c12220b94e086.jpgIMG_0886.jpg.a0e42bd28da67104c7701724f0d08ccd.jpg

Fabulous!- Thank you so much!!!.  Think I'll leave it in-situ. Assume no way to hazard a guess on genus?......Bone

12 hours ago, Bonehunter said:

Fabulous!- Thank you so much!!!.  Think I'll leave it in-situ. Assume no way to hazard a guess on genus?......Bone

Local knowledge needed maybe. Any idea of age? I'd guess a cidarid of some sort.

• I found this Informative 1

Tarquin

Kansas City, Pennsylvannian-one layer above Winterset limestone I'm thinking? Very fossilferous layer I believe is middle creek limestone- but I can only recognize shale and rock :) -going off of Richard Gentile reference to the area...... thanks for all the help!   Bone

6 minutes ago, Bonehunter said:

Kansas City, Pennsylvannian-one layer above Winterset limestone I'm thinking? Very fossilferous layer I believe is middle creek limestone- but I can only recognize shale and rock :) -going off of Richard Gentile reference to the area...... thanks for all the help!   Bone

I think it'll be Archaeocidaris then. :)

Tarquin

Very well done!- thanks again!!!............any hints on collecting conodonts? My current holy grail. Boiled a bunch of black shale and have the equipment to visualize/sift, but my first runs of dry slurries on white paper are yielding nothing..........   Bone.