Need Help Identifying Fossil

browninge

Currently located in Fleming co. Kentucky. This area is known for its large limestone deposits and is very fossil-rich. I found this piece while walking along a small creek. I have been searching this creek for roughly 4 months and have found large quantities of Horn, stem/branch and brain coral with scattered amounts of cephalopods. This is the first time I have come across a piece like this in this creek and needed help identifying it as my other resources have turned up empty. The whole rock is 10cm/4 but the fossil is 5cm /2.25 inches. Any thoughts, comments, and ideas would be much appreciated. 

20200419_144132.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

It looks like pieces of fish material to me.

EDIT: Nope -  I agree with erose.  Likely Ordovician Isotelus genal spine.  The blue color had me thinking fish.

Looks like it's Ordovician. There's a trilobite glabella (Flexicalymene?) under it on the right.  I think this is a large Isotelus genal spine.

• I found this Informative 7

25 minutes ago, erose said:

Looks like it's Ordovician. There's a trilobite glabella (Flexicalymene?) under it on the right.  I think this is a large Isotelus genal spine.

Hello and welcome @browninge from Hardin County Kentucky! :) 

I think @erose has it right. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, Peat Burns said:

It looks like pieces of fish material to me.

EDIT: Nope -  I agree with erose.  Likely Ordovician Isotelus genal spine.  The blue color had me thinking fish.

Yeah, if it's from the Cincinnatian Series, no fish....

11 minutes ago, erose said:

Yeah, if it's from the Cincinnatian Series, no fish....

Yep.  Good eye on the Flexi...

Isotelus cheek spine and pieces of pleural  sections and possibly pygidium pieces.  Bryozoa  pieces and most of a Flexicalymene cephalon.

• I found this Informative 2

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks