Display Case Illumination

TOM BUCKLEY

One issue I have always had has been how to light the display cases for my fossils. I really didn't want to be bothered with hard wiring the lights especially in light of the fact that I may change the configuration in the future. I tried LED lights that were battery-operated but they gave off too much glare. I found some battery-operated LED lights that have a translucent panel that diffuses the light and actually has three different brightness settings. Below are some pictures. I'll also try to post the link to the Amazon listing for the light.

Tom

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083S7SKL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LIGHTS A.JPG

LIGHTS B.JPG

LIGHTS C.JPG

• I found this Informative 10

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Display Case Illumination

Those look nice.  I've been thinking of something for underneath shelves, this might be the ticket since I too have been dreading the hard wire delima.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Those don’t look bad at all. Might have to check them out. Thanks for sharing! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, FossilNerd said:

Those don’t look bad at all. Might have to check them out. Thanks for sharing! :) 

You are welcome. They are a little pricey but extremely well made.

Tom

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

That's nice lighting.  At Tucson the dealers can rent cases with lights like that.  Many dealers, of course buy their own and do their own thing depending on the specimens.  For some there is an option with a bar that is triangular and fits in a corner of the case.  It's great if you don't have a large specimen or a matrix plate that you want to lean against a corner.