Some Cretaceous micro fun from Texas

fossilsonwheels

We recently acquired some micro matrix from the Cretaceous of Texas courtesy of our friend @Captcrunch227. I had a fun time searching the Post Oak Creek stuff and we crossed some stuff our want list. 

There are still several teeth that need id’s but I’ll have to wait a week or two before I can get pics to help that process. In the meantime, I do know some of what I found. 

We found several Nurse Shark teeth. I am relatively sure 2 are Cantioscyllium. I think 2 are Plicatoscyllium. Super excited to find a few Nurse Sharks. 

We found a couple of Rhinobatos teeth, a really nice Scapanorhynchus symphyseal, a lot of Sawfish material, a couple of Rhombodus, I am pretty sure we found a Cretodus and two that I think might be Paranomotodon. We found a couple that look to be Cretalamna. 

This is was a bunch of fun and I’m thinking I need to find more micros lol What a fantastic way to occupy ones time and stimulate the brain. 

94D6F073-1540-4E9E-A067-30099E19C7E9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Looks like a good haul! I’m going through some Texas Permian and some Oklahoma Permian and I agree it’s great fun! ( personally I prefer the Oklahoma Permian) can’t wait to see your other pictures!

• I found this Informative 2

8 hours ago, fossilsonwheels said:

This is was a bunch of fun and I’m thinking I need to find more micros lol What a fantastic way to occupy ones time and stimulate the brain.

I try to get in a couple of hours of picking through micro-matrix a day. My mental exercise to complement my physical exercise. ;)

Post Oak Creek is wonderful micro-matrix to pick through. It's fun to step beyond the Miocene-Pleistocene of Florida and see what was happening in the Cretaceous.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1