Strange Dino Bone

musicnfossils

Hey all, I found some new fossils on a surface collecting expedition last weekend near Hays, Alberta. Not sure what level of identification can be done for these because of how incomplete they are but anything helps. The first bone gets really thin near the top, not really sure what type of bone it might be. Part of an ilium maybe? Never found anything like it before. Had to glue it back together. Second one is a vertebra centrum I found not far from the first bone. Could belong to the same animal. 

640D0C0C-6283-4123-812D-487685A79690.jpeg

99483F40-0419-47A6-AFC8-E00E3C2A3823.jpeg

9D9077CA-C77A-46AC-B0A4-115F84084687.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Could be a pubis but does look like a pelvic bone.    Typical of hadrosaur ones Ive worked on its pretty flat.  Not sure on the vert depending on the type of deposit you are in.

For the bone with the triangular cross section I'm gonna say it looks like a small part of a large scapula. It looks pretty similar to the Triceratops scapulae I've worked with. It doesn't fit a hadrosaur scapula. So I'm gonna say possibly a ceratopsian scapula.

If the vertebra centrum is from the same animal I'd say it looks consistent with possible ceratopsian.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Ceratopsian would make sense. I found ceratopsian frill in the same area last year, not close enough to be the same animal though. Thanks guys.