Spinosaurus forearm?

joel77520

I know about the 2 vertebrates in the jacket but the other bones, do you think these are part of the Spinosaur forearms? Fossil found in Morocco. 

20200511_143212.jpg

More like the phosphates from Khourigba. 

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Absolutely not.

Nothing here indicates it could be spinosaurid. The matrix is the wrong type and none of the anatomy says spinosaur.

This looks like typical Khouribga phosphate material. So it's either from the Maastrichtian or Eocene. Spinosaurs in Morocco are from the Cenomanian.

So things like mosasaurs, plesiosaurs, crocs and turtles are possible candidates. Dinosaurs are incredibly rare in these beds.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

The big vertebra in the centre of the block (last picture) looks like it's from a croc.

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

1 hour ago, joel77520 said:

the vertebrates are not even spinosaur?

None of this even remotely comes close. The anatomy is wrong, the sediment is wrong and thus the age is wrong.

gastralia and vertebrae of zarafasaura oceanis with perhaps a pterosaur bone, age: maestrichian bed3 locality: phosphates mines of khouribga Morocco

• I found this Informative 4

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

What do yall think of these, does the claw look authentic.  The bone looks like it's from a different area because of the matrix. Says it's from the kem kem.

Groove in claw is carved as bone around runs straight and other bones look carved.

I would honestly probably throw that in the trash. Only the bigger bone looks like it might be salvageable.

Often times fakes can look very convincing. This just looks horrible. These are among the worst I've seen.

Run away, quickly.