Killing claw back from restorer

mburkett

I bought a killing claw from one of my favorite sellers with the hope that some work could be done to it to bring it back to life, per say. Hxmendoza did that and more. His work is phenomenal!  Thanks, Henry!

The light tip was sun-bleached because it was a surface find. The proximal half of the claw was found in the ground below it. Henry used a process to rejuvenate it, and no paint was used.  Overall, the claw is well over 90% original.

Heres some comparison photos:

462910F2-970E-4B8A-BD62-17E484D36741.thumb.jpeg.2d82571881130ea24f5e37c56b3e08be.jpeg43575717-BCCB-40F8-BC8D-7908E6578079.thumb.jpeg.2ca0ee9c55541520165b9e08a484752b.jpeg

• I found this Informative 13

9 minutes ago, mburkett said:

I bought a killing claw from one of my favorite sellers with the hope that some work could be done to it to bring it back to life, per say. Hxmendoza did that and more. His work is phenomenal!  Thanks, Henry!

The light tip was sun-bleached because it was a surface find. The proximal half of the claw was found in the ground below it. Henry used a process to rejuvenate it, and no paint was used.  Overall, the claw is well over 90% original.

Heres some comparison photos:

462910F2-970E-4B8A-BD62-17E484D36741.thumb.jpeg.2d82571881130ea24f5e37c56b3e08be.jpeg43575717-BCCB-40F8-BC8D-7908E6578079.thumb.jpeg.2ca0ee9c55541520165b9e08a484752b.jpeg

Fantastic claw. Henry did a great job. 

• I found this Informative 2

Glad you are happy with it Matt. Thank you for the chance to work on it. 

• I found this Informative 3

3 hours ago, hxmendoza said:

Glad you are happy with it Matt. Thank you for the chance to work on it. 

Nicely done! I'd be interested to learn about the process you used to "rejuvinate" it, or is that a trade secret?

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Nicely done! I'd be interested to learn about the process you used to "rejuvinate" it, or is that a trade secret?

Thank you. As far as I know, I developed it and haven’t seen anyone else do anything similar, so I would therefore like to keep that to myself if you don’t mind. But thank you for the interest. 
:-)

• I found this Informative 3

2 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Wow.  That looks amazing. Repairs and restoration is so well done.

Thank you!

Yep when it comes to repair and resto of dinosaurs claws Henry is by far number 1 in my books.   Its not just knowing how to prep, it's knowing the morphology of a claw, so you can properly shape all its characteristics from the distal to proximal ends. 

@hxmendoza

• I found this Informative 4

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Yep when it comes to repair and resto of dinosaurs claws Henry is by far number 1 in my books.   Its not just knowing how to prep, it's knowing the morphology of a claw, so you can properly shape all its characteristics from the distal to proximal ends. 

@hxmendoza

Wow. Thank you so much for that wonderful compliment Frank! It means a lot. 

I can vouch for Henry too. I've had claws and teeth restored by him. He does a phenomenal job.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

2 hours ago, -Andy- said:

I can vouch for Henry too. I've had claws and teeth restored by him. He does a phenomenal job.

Thanks Andy!

@hxmendoza is working on my first restoration from him on tooth for me now and progress/work so far is absolutely amazing as well being kept updated on progress, can and will certainly vouch as well!

23 hours ago, Ryann10006 said:

@hxmendoza is working on my first restoration from him on tooth for me now and progress/work so far is absolutely amazing as well being kept updated on progress, can and will certainly vouch as well!

Thanks Ryan, hope you like your tooth.

Thanks everyone. I bought it with the intention to have it restored and sell it again. But Henry’s work is making me reconsider that, lol

On 5/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, hxmendoza said:

Thank you. As far as I know, I developed it and haven’t seen anyone else do anything similar, so I would therefore like to keep that to myself if you don’t mind. But thank you for the interest. 
:-)

While I completely understand, I would recommend that you have all the details of your process written down and instructions on who they should be passed to.  It would be a shame if a sudden accident or illness caused the loss of this unique technique.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin