Hey guys, I saw this listed as a oviraptor egg, seller claims to have taken it to a museum to have it examined. This looks a little different from other oviraptor eggs I have seen and I don’t really see signs of embryo. I would appreciate any input on it. It was found in Texas

B4F9BE2A-61BD-4D1E-974E-943EF5417D5D.jpeg

Ask the seller which museum, and the name of the qualified vertebrate paleontologist  who made the claim.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Looks like an ironstone concretion to me. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I suggest you try to research that "museum" and see what you find.  Might be an egg of something but without better photos hard to say much.   

47 minutes ago, Dino1 said:

Don’t know about the paleontologist but the museum is kaimichi museum at Oklahoma.

Then ask the seller.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

10 minutes ago, Dino1 said:

I couldn’t really find anything on that museum @Troodon

Correct I looked and found nothing.  Best to move on especially since the info you've received is very questionable.

• I found this Informative 1

14 hours ago, Dino1 said:

Don’t know about the paleontologist but the museum is kaimichi museum at Oklahoma.

I also looked for that museum, and nothing, I think possibly the seller means a museum around the Kaimichi River. 

I would caution extreme wariness here.  First, theres no such animal as "Kiamichi museum".  Second, I've only heard of a single find of a raptor from OK and its not from near the kiamichi river area, and NEVER heard of raptor eggs being found.  

Without reputable verification I would call this an interesting shaped river cobble.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin