Help with "Formosa Reef" fragment

Monica

Hi everyone!

I was just looking through some of my fossils yesterday, and I noticed the following item on one of the rocks I collected from "Formosa Reef" in Ontario, Canada back in March.  These rocks are from the Amherstburg Formation and are Lower Devonian in age.  Could this be a trilo-bit?  Or is it something else?  I'll tag @piranha and @Kane to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Monica

The whole rock with the unknown item circled in red:

DSC01902.thumb.JPG.0f5fc297bb2308e6f18cec8a8041c87c.JPG

Close-ups and different views of the unknown item:

DSC01903.thumb.JPG.8a028d6c1576c04772c0d669ea0d2c4a.JPGDSC01904.thumb.JPG.5236f65b41d92ed200099e34bb015637.JPGDSC01905.thumb.JPG.459b57e514e497571d935cd6afb3a7bf.JPG

Sorry, it’s a bit too fragmentary for me to make out. Perhaps prep it a bit more? I’m seeing a darker crust/skin to its left, suggesting this is a steinkern. Possibly brach valve or bivalve? It’s not jumping out and screaming trilobitic to me. :headscratch:

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

9 hours ago, Kane said:

Sorry, it’s a bit too fragmentary for me to make out. Perhaps prep it a bit more? I’m seeing a darker crust/skin to its left, suggesting this is a steinkern. Possibly brach valve or bivalve? It’s not jumping out and screaming trilobitic to me. :headscratch:

Thanks for the input, Kane!  If it doesn't look trilobitic to you, then I'm sure it isn't.  :)

I hope you're keeping safe out west!