Not a clue what this is...

Randyw

Hi. Here’s another item I’m hoping you can identify for me. It’s from a bag of matrix from the aguja formation in Texas. It measures 5 mm in length. It’s a glossy black. I really have no clue on this one. I kind of suspect it’s some kind of seed but .....

im sorry the pictures aren’t better but I don’t have anyway to take better ones.

thank you.

F77ACA7F-6F1D-47BF-80FE-00670F808366.jpeg

A719ECA4-EC9E-4ACD-B8AE-0B313C01C678.jpeg

Interesting have not see this guy before, very cool.  Looks complete no broken edges visible.   More views possible?

What palm seeds look like from there

Screenshot_20200607-061546_Drive.thumb.jpg.7dbf86a327a55e18d4f0aca2c6b9aebe.jpg

FOSSIL PALMS (ARECACEAE, CORYPHOIDEAE) ASSOCIATED WITH JUVENILE
HERBIVOROUS DINOSAURS IN THE UPPER CRETACEOUS AGUJA
FORMATION, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TEXAS
Steven R. Manchester,Thomas M. Lehman and Elisabeth A. Wheeler

• I found this Informative 1

Yes it is complete with nothing broken or rough. I can take more pictures but all 3 sides look exactly the same. It’s Y shaped.. wich views would you like? Can’t be a palm seed as those are round And this is oval in side view With 1 sharp point on bottom but Y shaped in end view. All gloss black except the sharp point wich is light tannish colored

My first thought was a trigonous achene of the family Cyperaceae.  It might be a bit big for that though, at least as compared to modern forms.

Interesting thought and there are similarities except they have a bulge in the center and thus is concave in the centers Not convex.. it looks from the top exactly like a capital Y