Devonian marine fossils

Bradley Flynn

Found a good spot today that produced a nice variety of marine fossils. Did not spend much time there, was more of a scouting mission. 

IMG_20200702_145432.jpg

IMG_20200702_145052.jpg

IMG_20200702_145158.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Though the preservation is very different, they appear similar to Middle Devonian fossils we find in New York state. Congrats.

Nice trilos!! :trilo::dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

nice finds

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Those are pretty decent, but it looks like you would have a chance at some complete specimens with some more time to search.

Don

Yes Don, today was just about checking out a few spots that I thought might have some specimens. These in the pics are the ones that just jumped at me. With more time actually looking for them I'm sure there will be complete ones. I am super excited to get back there. 

4 hours ago, Bradley Flynn said:

Did not spend much time there, was more of a scouting mission.

Looks like your scouting mission paid off! Congrats on the new productive location and on the cool finds so far. :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

That's a great start for a new hunting location - congratulations! 

The trilobites with the pygidial lappets are: Metacryphaeus

This is the classic monograph that I posted on your other thread:

Cooper, M.R. 1982

A Revision of the Devonian (Emsian-Eifelian) Trilobita from the Bokkeveld Group of South Africa.

Annals of the South African Museum, 89(1):1-174  PDF LINK

Unfortuantely the figured photos from the BHL pdf are very poor quality. 

Luckily you can check your PM for a hi-res version pdf...mail-happy-smiley.gif?1292867634 check-email-smiley.gif?1292867567

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png