Possible Tooth

DaredChance

Found this one at a local antique store. The owner claimed that it was a tooth that their aunt had found near Salina, Kansas. Wish I had more information for you, but thats all I got. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

20200717_114433.jpg

Hi, I'm from Salina, KS! I'm sorry to tell you that it's probably an ordinary river rock with suggestive shape; I don't see crown and/or enamel. I am familiar with rock units and some fossils around Salina, and none of the tooth fossils found there are as long as 7 inches, except mammoth tooth.

3 hours ago, DaredChance said:

Found this one at a local antique store. The owner claimed that it was a tooth that their aunt had found near Salina, Kansas. Wish I had more information for you, but thats all I got. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

20200717_114433.jpg

This first pic, it looks like it could possibly be the internal mold of something.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

If they said this was found on the East Coast I would've said sperm whale tooth but :P 

I agree not a tooth. Should be either some root material or a socket at the end for that. Suggestive rock is a safe bet, but could it be a claw?  

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.