More teeth from Douglas Point

Searcher78

Spent the morning hunting. The water level was ridiculously high. A little friendly green snake was on the trail. 

0F8CA6CF-41DE-472D-8956-C6DBE5D80877.jpeg

608B7657-CC65-4B75-9105-96CE21E1A137.jpeg

4E1F48E0-2909-40AD-B9FC-6C6564239B1C.jpeg

5CC48997-C6F6-4854-BB2B-DE801DAD1944.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

That's a Northern Rough Green Snake.  You were very lucky to see it as they are arboreal and rarely spend much time on the ground. For that reason, most folks have no idea we have such a gorgeous tree snake living around the DMV! (Same for flying squirrels--nocturnal.) Totally harmless to humans, green snakes' favorite food is squishy spiders. 

Cool finds, too.  I was actually out at Douglas myself on Saturday evening and did a little hunting while my kids went for a swim.  It was really too hot to want to be out there, but I did manage to find one cool thing--about a quarter chunk of a full ray plate--a first for me.

must be Green Snake Day... somoeone totally unrelated to the fotum posted one on my FB feed today.  Good sighting.

Oh, some good fossils in there, too.  : )

9 hours ago, HemiHunter said:

I did manage to find one cool thing--about a quarter chunk of a full ray plate--a first for me.

I also found my first partial ray plate here.  It is nice to find them still connected vice all the loose separated pieces.  Being that this location is shaded until about 1 pm, I go here in the hot weather.

in the direct Sun in the morning on the Calvert Cliffs side.