Posterior mackerel?

butchndad

I’m still learning to distinguish the different types of Big Brook shark teeth. Yes I can tell Crow from the others and am pretty clear identifying anterior Goblin but do get confused with other Goblin vs Sand Tiger vs Mackerel.  Hopefully someone will confirm that this what I think: posterior Mackerel. And if I’m wrong what is it?  Slightly more than a half inch wide. As always, thank you for your help and my apologies for my lousy iphone5 photo

CCD9DF82-8CE5-46C0-9AA1-53EBF0D222AE.jpeg

I believe this is a posterior Cretolamna appendiculata tooth, but wait for one of the Big Brook collectors to confirm the ID. 

• I found this Informative 4

Maybe I am missing something but aren't mackerel sharks everything in the order Lamniformes?

This would make both goblins and sand tiger sharks as well as most others mackerel sharks.

3 minutes ago, Misha said:

Maybe I am missing something but aren't mackerel sharks everything in the order Lamniformes?

This would make both goblins and sand tiger sharks as well as most others mackerel sharks.

Yes. Mackerel sharks are Lamniformes. The common name mackerel shark is applied really broadly sometimes. I think it is better to be more specific when possible. 

• I found this Informative 1

22 minutes ago, Praefectus said:

I believe this is a posterior Cretolamna appendiculata tooth, but wait for one of the Big Brook collectors to confirm the ID. 

Spot on.

• I found this Informative 2

: )