A selection of Hell Creek teeth

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, now, apologies for the photos. They're the best the seller can get, I'm afraid. But hopefully they are ok to get some sort of ID/confirmation.

He has a selection of Hell Creek teeth.  They are all very small--ranging from below 1cm to just above 1cm in length.

1 - Troodontid -- not the clearest image, but they seem to have distinctive denticles which are common in troodontid teeth? I don't think Troodon is from Hell Creek, but I see online it says Troodontid teeth have been found there. Seller has a more precise location of Harding County, South Dakota for these.

2 - Sold as possible Richardoestia -- Again, not the best of pictures. But hopefully it's enough to get an idea. To me, these look like they're more than likely a reptile tooth? 

3 - Unknown, possibly a raptor? Again, not the best image, but hopefully it's enough. 

Many thanks--and sorry for the poor pics. Even if exact species can't be confirmed, any ideas or possibilities would be, as always, much appreciated

troodon.jpg

richardoestia.jpg

raptor.jpg

Size of each one in first photo   Second photo look more like croc need better photos.

Other than the first photo no theropod teeth jump out but the photos are awful 

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Size?

I've sent seller a message for a more exact size. I'll post it when I hear back.

Also if you can get better photos try to.  The first group looks like Troodontids but the top one is questionable hard to see.  The one on the left might be pectinodon why size but think it a  cf Troodon formosus as well as the one on the right.

I've requested some extra photos if possible along with the sizes. Ill post when I hear back. Nice to hear the top row are loooking good for Troodontid--I don't have any of them yet. 

Seller also emailed me this pair of teeth from Morrison foundation. They are 1.1 cm. He got them as juvenile allosaurus---but they seem more crocodile to me. The right one seems like it could have serrations--if that's a sign that it's anything more than croc? Could be premax teeth?

I've requested extra pics again. Showing the serrations. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yeah, can't do much with the first photos. :( 

raptor.thumb.jpg.f0dd899f9c9e55869ff0be34e1ae60c3.jpg  richardoestia.thumb.jpg.bbd9c26596054335f9779dad234426e8.jpg  troodon.thumb.jpg.02e5cbaa172588691a37d8c2f1ec3b8b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.e5f7467c09b01a6676c9145cdc499604.jpg  1.thumb.jpg.cc7cd431d519f265a3f44984f211982d.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Those bottom ones look like croc to me also. I’d stay away from most things that say they’re juvenile(more specifically big carnivorous dinosaurs.)

A better photo of the middle set -- the possible Richardoestia.

I'm leaning reptile, but I'll wait to hear from someone who knows more than me.  Biggest is 1.4 cm. Would the different coloration of the white one mean anything--different species or different section of Hell Creek?

middle.jpg

Last photo are better the top one looks "cf Richardoestesia but want to see the other side.  One one the right still looks croc.  Need closer photos both sides on the bottom left. 

Asks for closups of all these teeth both sides.  If he's trying to sell them

Your photos if the Morrison teeth are useless to ID blurry no closeups,  Size

Still need size of Troodontid teeth. 

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Your photos if the Morrison teeth are useless to ID blurry no closeups,  Size

Still need size of Troodontid teeth. 

Seller is getting back to me with  better pics and sizes soon.

Look if you want teeth ID please come to the table with the following information.  

If not provided ask until you get it or don't post it.   

Formation

Size of each tooth

Sharp photos

CLOSEUP Photos of INDIVIDUAL teeth, both sides and bottom

No group photos

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Look if you want teeth ID please come to the table with the following information.  

If not provided ask until you get it or don't post it.   

Formation

Size of each tooth

Sharp photos

CLOSEUP Photos of INDIVIDUAL teeth, both sides and bottom

No group photos

Will do for next. Sorry for being a pain with them.

Seller is gonna supply more tomorrow so I'll update then. Thanks for the help thus far.

I think all of the teeth being sold as Troodontid seem to be, Pectinodon or as Troodon said cf. Troodon formosus. At least 2 of the three in the Richardoestesia group seem to be (unsure about the one on the right, could be something else). In the third group the tooth on the left is probably indeterminate while the ridges on the one on the right would suggest Paronychodon to me. As for your Jurassic teeth I agree they are crocodile, I would guess Goniopholidae.