Ludwigia

How to ruin your wrist extracting an ammonite

Creek - Don

Same here. Had plenty of twisted ankles and sore wrist while extracting ammos.    I'm thinking about buying a battery powered portable hammer drill in the future. That will save you lots of labor and time. 

Ludwigia
1 minute ago, Creek - Don said:

Same here. Had plenty of twisted ankles and sore wrist while extracting ammos.    I'm thinking about buying a battery powered/portable hammer drill in the future. That will save you lots of labor and time. 

This is true. I have a friend who uses one sometimes, but you're actually not allowed to use them here.

Tidgy's Dad

Roast beef and onions with French fries? Disbelief.gif.8147fa4f18d991db71335b15c173bbcd.gif

Should be roasties and Yorkshire pudding. :)

Manticocerasman

the best specimens are often the most difficult to exctract <_<

Great job Roger, what genus is the ammonite?

Ludwigia
8 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Roast beef and onions with French fries? Disbelief.gif.8147fa4f18d991db71335b15c173bbcd.gif

Should be roasties and Yorkshire pudding. :)

That's one reason I miss my mother's cooking :drool:

Ludwigia
2 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

the best specimens are often the most difficult to exctract <_<

Great job Roger, what genus is the ammonite?

Thanks. It's a Choffatia by the looks of it, although I still have problems distinguishing between that genus and Homeoplanulites.

Everhardus

I see you had to do some hard work to get to this one it seems like it payed of. It looks well preserved ! Can’t wait seeing this one prepped....

RuMert

That was definitely hard but after all physical training strengthens the body and mind. Better than lying on the couch

Ludwigia
4 hours ago, Everhardus said:

I see you had to do some hard work to get to this one it seems like it payed of. It looks well preserved ! Can’t wait seeing this one prepped....

One side seems to be a bit eaten away, but I think it should still be a good one.

1 hour ago, RuMert said:

That was definitely hard but after all physical training strengthens the body and mind. Better than lying on the couch

Right you are!

JimB88

Look at all that iron! Neat trip, cant wait to see the results of prepping! :popcorn:

Ludwigia
6 hours ago, JimB88 said:

Look at all that iron! Neat trip, cant wait to see the results of prepping! :popcorn:

Thanks Jim :)

Dimitris

The best way to treat tired tendons is to enrich your diet with zink (almonds) and do a lot of stretching after workout. 

First picture looked very promising. Seeing it, I can feel your rush and desire to remove it in one piece. That excitement makes us forget pain and everything. 

Rest well! 

Everhardus

Nice !  I would have thought the bigger one would be better but i still like the look of it. I just prepped a similar one which i thought wasn’t any good which turned out pretty well. I guess you never know until you start prepping these...

The smaller ones are really nice ! 

Ludwigia
8 hours ago, Everhardus said:

Nice !  I would have thought the bigger one would be better but i still like the look of it. I just prepped a similar one which i thought wasn’t any good which turned out pretty well. I guess you never know until you start prepping these...

The smaller ones are really nice ! 

I had also been hoping for more, but was already braced for the reality. I was actually quite surprised to have found a(n almost) complete one in that strongly mineralized and turbitized concretionary lager.

Klein is almost always fein in the herveyi zone.