Late cretaceous nodule horn armor spike?

MedicineHat

Good morning folks,

I was sorting through a box of unknown fragments from surface collecting this summer. I inspected more closely this piece that looks like a spike. Not quite symmetrical. Looks like designed as potentially a partially lateral nodule or armor spike. I was referring to some past discussions on cerotopsian frill material and am curious if this may even be a frill spike?!? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

20201023_121851_copy_867x1156.jpg

20201023_121842_copy_867x1156.jpg

20201023_121820_copy_867x1156.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The vascular grooves would make me lean toward a fragment of Ceratopsian frill.  Preservation not the best for me to say much more

• I found this Informative 1

This is a weird one.  I am not comfy saying one or the other.  It seems to have external bone surface on many surfaces including the edges.  Hmmm.....

7 hours ago, Troodon said:

The vascular grooves would make me lean toward a fragment of Ceratopsian frill.  Preservation not the best for me to say much more

Hmmm do you make anything out of the tapered "spike"? I'll take some additional photos. Perhaps I can get you more information. Thanks!

5 hours ago, jpc said:

This is a weird one.  I am not comfy saying one or the other.  It seems to have external bone surface on many surfaces including the edges.  Hmmm.....

Any ideas? Am I on the right track maybe? Pr is this possibly just a chunk of weathered bone?