Alligator head

Leahlulu

I found this on my property in San Angelo Texas and would like to know if it is just a rock or if it is an actual fossil.  Can you help me with any ideas of what you think?  Thank you so much

• I found this Informative 1

This is an astounding example of how Nature can weather limestone and other rock into the most amazing shapes. It truly does resemble a gator skull!  However, the lack of symmetry, the lack of teeth or jaw structure and fact that it does not have any "bone texture" tells us it's just a rock. TOTALLY A KEEPER THOUGH!! 

• I found this Informative 4

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at it.  It's pretty crazy how nature can make things look like something that they're not.  Makes life more interesting anyway. lol

• I found this Informative 2

5 minutes ago, GallinaPinta said:

Now that's a rock I'd pay for :b_wdremel:

By way of the weight / distance / carry back formula at the very least. :)

2 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

By way of the weight / distance / carry back formula at the very least. :)

Its just the odds that geology would actually mimic an alligator head, wow. Mom loves painting these types of odd rocks, she'd have a field day with this. 

6 hours ago, Leahlulu said:

It's pretty crazy how nature can make things look like something that they're not.  Makes life more interesting anyway. lol

Cloud watching is also a great passtime in this respect. Not to mention staring at the patterns on a linoleum floor. Rohrschach had a lot of fun with this aspect of human perception.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/