Wurm

Hey! Both of these teeth were found in the horseshoe canyon in the same place. I was thinking Albertosaurus but I don't know(They are serrated if you couldn't tell from the photos). Any ideas?

(sorry for the low quality images)

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Wurm said:

I also do have alot more bones found near it if that would help!

Show.us.

mainly so I can live vicariously through you!

1 minute ago, Wurm said:

haha ok one sec

Nothing but brachiopods and crinoid bits in my current locale, so you dinosaur country folks support my will to live.:popcorn:

I circled a few that stood out to me, red was the biggest at 5 pounds, green looks like maybe a jaw piece of some sort, yellow is a tiny toe bone, and blue is the tooth. I can take pictures on a specific bone if if u want :D 0E08104D-A09A-4E10-96A1-47B86CC9F3B7.thumb.jpeg.ba5c0b1d693096f6306f28b55084a960.jpeg

Edited by Wurm
  • I found this Informative 3

5 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

Nothing but brachiopods and crinoid bits in my current locale, so you dinosaur country folks support my will to live.:popcorn:

Haha yeah but the collection laws here are reallllly strict 

11 minutes ago, Wurm said:

Haha yeah but the collection laws here are reallllly strict 

Here too. I’m in the one state in the union that has a roadside paleontologist, but nothing but mud for collection and permit law. In my locality, I’m the only one with a “permit” and that’s only because I took the city gov officials drinking to explain why a protocol needs to be put in place. Only thing here that is legal is non-federal road cuts and noninvasive surface collections 

4 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

Here too. I’m in the one state in the union that has a roadside paleontologist, but nothing but mud for collection and permit law. In my locality, I’m the only one with a “permit” and that’s only because I took the city gov officials drinking to explain why a protocol needs to be put in place. Only thing here that is legal is non-federal road cuts and noninvasive surface collections 

here even surface collection is illegal unless with permission on private property or a permit :/

Edited by Wurm

1 hour ago, Wurm said:

I circled a few that stood out to me, red was the biggest at 5 pounds, green looks like maybe a jaw piece of some sort, yellow is a tiny toe bone, and blue is the tooth. I can take pictures on a specific bone if if u want :D 0E08104D-A09A-4E10-96A1-47B86CC9F3B7.thumb.jpeg.ba5c0b1d693096f6306f28b55084a960.jpeg

Holy moley. Please overload us with chunkosarus, Chiplodocus, and Fragmentadon posts. Your finds are far outside of my specialty, but @Troodon @jpc @FossilDAWG need to see this trove and delegate.

Dear Cthulhu man! How?

Green circle is either a hadro or Ceratopsian jaw fragment.  

BTW surface collecting in Alberta on private land is fine as long as you get the land owners permission.  

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Green circle is either a hadro or Ceratopsian jaw fragment.  

BTW surface collecting in Alberta on private land is fine as long as you get the land owners permission.  

and as long as you don't take you finds out of the province.

The fossil was surface collected in private property with permission and I don't plan on takin em out anytime soon but yep :)