Top Trilo’s drawings

Top Trilo

Good one.

How daring to promise what your next project will be.

Aloha,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

4 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Good one.

How daring to promise what your next project will be.

Aloha,

J

Thanks, I've already started so no turning back now.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Looking forward to it.

If you should get distracted and make something else in between, looking forward to that. But that's how I do it, not so good advice maybe.

Cheers,

J

Thomas Henry Huxley

4 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Looking forward to it.

If you should get distracted and make something else in between, looking forward to that. But that's how I do it, not so good advice maybe.

Cheers,

J

Thanks, nothing that hasn't happened before. I started drawing this really cool trilobite a few months ago, however the picture was taken at a different angle and I just can't seem to make it look right, so i started something else. This one hopefully will work.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

I’ve loved watching your progress! And all Eurypterids kinda look like charcoal drawings to me so you are 100% spot on there :zzzzscratchchin:

Can’t wait to see what’s next- 

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread. I started drawing this one soon after I finished my last one but took a break to finish something else. It is now complete, the profile of the one and only @piranha.

0A34B8AB-3A54-4D82-B6FE-74A4F317C096.thumb.jpeg.24ae3441498e01749c251a7aeebe1e12.jpeg

I hope you enjoy. :)

• Enjoyed 6

Nice work. :dinothumb::trilo:

(And I had this species on my to-draw list in the next week, so maybe I'll hold off for a bit and do another one instead). 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Just now, Kane said:

Nice work. :dinothumb::trilo:

(And I had this species on my to-draw list in the next week, so maybe I'll hold off for a bit and do another one instead). 

Thanks Kane, go ahead and draw it, Arctinurus is quite an attractive trilo genus. No matter what you draw though, I'm looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Since @minnbuckeye posted images of the drawing I made him in the secret Santa thread, I figured I’d also post it here.

FAC202F8-02E2-42EF-B051-74B192626977.thumb.jpeg.50e37fab0eeb20a8cc028a7600288167.jpeg

• Enjoyed 11

Excellent work!! I really love the Coltraneia on the previous page, I hadn't seen it yet! Your drawings are really starting to leap off the pages, especially with this last one!

• Thank You 1

• 6 months later...

It’s been a while since I drew something.  This one is an enrolled Eldredgeops rana prepped by @Huntonia.

I hope you enjoy.

F00BF244-73E8-4243-9FB6-C877EED44951.thumb.jpeg.b599e8d40b93b885e92e3d34403d58c2.jpeg

• Enjoyed 13

Really seeing a lot of improvement in your drawings, Alex!

Well done!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

5 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Really seeing a lot of improvement in your drawings, Alex!

Well done!

Thank you Tim, my first drawing of one of Huntonia’s trilos, didn’t turn out the best since it was one of my first. I would NOT recommend looking back at some of my earlier drawings but at least I’ve improved.

• Enjoyed 1

That last one looks great, I like that slightly abstract style!

• Thank You 1

Thomas Henry Huxley

33 minutes ago, Mahnmut said:

That last one looks great, I like that slightly abstract style!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, Top Trilo said:

It’s been a while since I drew something.  This one is an enrolled Eldredgeops rana prepped by @Huntonia.

I hope you enjoy.

F00BF244-73E8-4243-9FB6-C877EED44951.thumb.jpeg.b599e8d40b93b885e92e3d34403d58c2.jpeg

Gorgeous! You're making absolute leaps and strides with your drawing! Can't wait to see the next one!! 

I'm honored to have one of my works immortalized with such budding talent! I especially love the attention to this bugs quirks and imperfections, from the first glance I immediately recognized it

• Thank You 1

On 6/17/2022 at 12:28 PM, Top Trilo said:

Thank you Tim, my first drawing of one of Huntonia’s trilos, didn’t turn out the best since it was one of my first. I would NOT recommend looking back at some of my earlier drawings but at least I’ve improved.

That was one of my first preps, very cool looking back and seeing the difference, both in my prepping and your art. Your progress has been incredible so far! Look back at your earlier work with pride knowing how much you have and will continue to improve. Keep up the great work!!

btw, you can just call me Isaac if you'd like :)

• Thank You 1

I'm very glad you like it. The progress from the earlier ones is the only reason I'm slightly glad I have those on this thread. Thank you Isaac.

• Enjoyed 1

• 1 month later...

It’s not a drawing but still a paleo re-creation. It’s an origami Brachiosaurus. I watched Mariano Zavala’s four tutorial videos (each about an hour long) of him making Fumiaki Kawahata’s Brachiosaurus. In total it took me over 13 hours to make! There are 44 bones made from 45 square pieces of paper (two for the hip bone). They all fit together but are glued to keep it from falling apart. No glue for each individual bone though. There are 7 different sizes of paper and all 45 total 6534 square centimeters or 1013 square inches. That’s about the size of a square where each side is 80cm or 2 and a half feet! It’s 33 inches from head to tail (84cm) and made up of over 1000 folds! I don’t have many square pieces of paper so I also had to measure and cut all 45 squares from 8 and a half by 11 paper. That time is not included in the 13 hours. That’s also why some of the pieces are less than perfect, since it’s difficult cutting a perfect square with scissors and printer paper isn’t as easy to fold as origami paper. It doesn’t stand on its own so I may need to make some sort of support for it but not exactly sure how to go about doing that yet.

I hope you enjoy it. 

BCD72FFC-32EA-42D7-8C40-985421A98D86.thumb.jpeg.08b230f51d8cf75da48c1ea5ccbfb7c5.jpeg

• Enjoyed 8

34 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

I also had to measure and cut all 45 squares from 8 and a half by 11 paper.

Cm or inches ?

Coco

Edited by Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

3 minutes ago, Coco said:

Cm or inches ?

Coco

Inches, 8.5 by 11 inches is the standard paper size in the US

• Thank You 1