Found this specimen while hiking. Wish to ID

trive

One night recently I was hiking with one of those high powered spot light apparatus on my head and while looking down I noticed this specimen.

Not sure if its a fossil or from what type of creature it came from but it definitely struck me as quite interesting and out of place.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

fossy6.JPG

fossy5.JPG

fossy4.JPG

fossy3.JPG

fossy1.JPG

Looks modern/non fossil, but I’m not really a bone person. I’m gonna guess that the other serious people on here will want to know where you found it and what size it is though

Looks like the end of a long bone - sawed off by someone.

Definitely modern, and not a fossil.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Deer hunters, field dressing with a saw???? If that is a possibility, in daylight you might see other signs of such activity. Near where I live is a dirt road that provides access and dead ends on an undeveloped property. Deer hunters found this to be a convenient place to dress their kill and left behind the unwanted parts. The land owner finally got sick of it and blocked the road with an earth berm. Lots of bone was left behind, but I never noticed any "sawed."

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See