Anyone know what this might be?

Rubykicks

I found this while camping in Ohio and after getting home and cleaning it up, it looks to have some type of fossil. Maybe coral or slug?  I'm really not sure. These pictures are with a micro camera. 

199174789.jpg

171109677.jpg

Need more photos. Whole thing with size reference (ruler or like), different angles?? Definitely looks like something is there though

Nummulitidae

• I found this Informative 1

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

My money would be on Rugose coral in cross section. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm not so sure. Looks like a fossil anyway. Coral and Nummilites are both possibilities. How large is this? Can you give us an idea on the stratigraphy? Please show us a normal-sized photo of the stone.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

It does appear to be something but I'm reluctant to take a stab without seeing more. As others mentioned can we get a full fossil photo with a scale reference? If you don't have any stratigraphy information can you give us a more specific location in Ohio?

This shows the size of the 2 specimin, but they are small enough that I can't show the detail clearly on my phone camera. You can see it easily by looking, but the camera doesnt want to focus. Anyhow, here are the sizes, I will get out my micro hand cam and get some shots of the details better. Oh, and around Oxford Ohio. 

16073726591493977625828765895926.jpg

It says my other pictures are too large. I'll see if I can figure out how to downsize, but in the meantime, I've added to show size and and one more of the green with red. The other one is a little different. The patterns are not red and are shaped more like wings. They are rounded on one side and come to points on the other side. They are more white in color. I don't think they are likely to be wings, but that is the best way I can describe it. The green stone of both rocks appears to be jasper to me, but I'm no expert at all, just a collector of pretty rocks. 

As mentioned in one of your other posts, the rocks in the Oxford area are Ordovician and generally limestones or shales with abundant fossils. I’m with @Kane, these mostly appear to be coral fragments in worn pebbles. 

2 hours ago, ClearLake said:

As mentioned in one of your other posts, the rocks in the Oxford area are Ordovician and generally limestones or shales with abundant fossils. I’m with @Kane, these mostly appear to be coral fragments in worn pebbles. 

Thank you!  I just collect cool rocks and then end up looking at them later and I see something new each time. I know it's probably not too exciting when it's something so common, but I'm easily amused! :)