Ammonites or Pareidolia: ID help

Praefectus

Hello. A friend of mine was out collecting near Cibolo Creek in Texas and he thinks he found some nautiloids. I'm not sure about that identification. Can I get some opinions on if these are fossils or rocks. Thanks very much. 

20201205_164806.thumb.jpg.6acf138b65dd5d3fb6fb5e5913bd778a.jpg

20201205_164819.thumb.jpg.1ccc4c149232710c9d5007935e630316.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-164137_Instagram.thumb.jpg.219187569b8793d875161f2dd7c069df.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-164141_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5ba26bb4a66ec3ed21dce47feba19006.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-164145_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7c2d373c5aa821ecca2c8b0ec93614f0.jpg

Screenshot_20201212-032012_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2d293b83d132eeb3d12a25e8c75f63f6.jpg

The white rock in the last photo looks to be something to me. As for the others, I don't see fossils, however someone more familiar with this location will know better.

I bet @Uncle Siphuncle could give us some insights if I remember properly.

• I found this Informative 1

You could always paint the part of the first one, it kinda has a eurypterid shape

image.png.ad3b44e055966a29d09548b10da2ce0b.pngimage.png.79cbbdca0fbd475e4d8a3e8a2e0560e9.png

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

5 hours ago, LabRatKing said:

The white rock in the last photo looks to be something to me. As for the others, I don't see fossils, however someone more familiar with this location will know better.

I bet @Uncle Siphuncle could give us some insights if I remember properly.

Thanks for the heads up, LRK, but oy!  These are some hard specimens to align with known organic origins.  I'm not seeing diagnostic features of fossils. 

Also, Cibolo Creek may be 100 miles long, incising many formations from Lower Cretaceous thru Pleistocene, so in this case knowing the waterway alone doesn't help narrow things down to the formation level without further provenance, probably best communicated via PM, if the OP is interested.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

17 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Thanks for the heads up, LRK, but oy!  These are some hard specimens to align with known organic origins.  I'm not seeing diagnostic features of fossils. 

Also, Cibolo Creek may be 100 miles long, incising many formations from Lower Cretaceous thru Pleistocene, so in this case knowing the waterway alone doesn't help narrow things down to the formation level without further provenance, probably best communicated via PM, if the OP is interested.

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure where exactly my friend was looking. I'll send him a message and let him you know you offered to help. 

17 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Um. - i found these rocks lol, and what is “OP” (Original - .. ) yeah I am not sure what OP means but i did share these with my freind to post on here so am i person in question? when you say OP?

62975634799__428FF1B0-903A-458B-BCA0-AB03A85288FA.MOV

1 hour ago, Coldwater_fossil_hound said:

Um. - i found these rocks lol, and what is “OP” (Original - .. ) yeah I am not sure what OP means but i did share these with my freind to post on here so am i person in question? when you say OP?

62975634799__428FF1B0-903A-458B-BCA0-AB03A85288FA.MOV

Easy, pilgrim...OP =  original poster.  ;)@Praefectus

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Just now, Coldwater_fossil_hound said:

Thats me lol. 

@Praefectus posted them with your permission, but no one here knew that was you until a few minutes ago...all is good.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ