Jack Scout Carboniferous Fossils

Calli99

IMG_4659.thumb.jpeg.855955df8cbf185809b5d638486945c5.jpeg

Me and my boyfriend went for a walk in the nearby Aristide and Silverdale area of outstanding natural beauty a few weeks ago. We are both at uni in Lancaster so have been enjoying walks in the Lake District and nearby. I wanted to visit Jack Scout as a  dissertation topic I was thinking about was related to the local geology of the area. I was not expecting to find loose fossils, and was paying close attention to the limestone rocks and pavement for fossils in situ until my boyfriend came up with a ‘funny rock’ to check with me and lo and behold, an impromptu fossil hunt began. Nothing is of great quality and I have found it very hard to find much literature on the area so nothing is really identified. But it is a truly beautiful area and a fun walk. I believe these fossils are from the Park Limestone formation of Jack Scout, there is lots of Carboniferous limestone deposited around 325-360 MYA.

• I found this Informative 4

I've heard that you can email photos to yourself and have your smart phone (assuming that's what you are using) shrink them in size. Then you should be able to post several images at a time. Just keep replying to your post if you wish to add more and run up against a limit.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

Nice report and wonderful pictures. Thank you for posting. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, digit said:

I've heard that you can email photos to yourself and have your smart phone (assuming that's what you are using) shrink them in size.

That is what I do Ken.

Not bad for an impromptu hunt. Thanks for sharing. :)

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)