Big Brook finds, maybe Dino material?

JJT3

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum here but thought you guys might be able to help me ID some finds from today. Was out today for a few hours with my daughter and we found 2 items that I think might be Dino material but maybe not. 

I was thinking maybe a hadrosaurus tooth and a long shot on a worn dryptosaurus claw. The claw is interesting because it is definitely not coprolite as it’s rock and not sandy.

DD3223DD-C038-4E23-8BCA-A6F558F47A0E.jpeg

80BA2E54-8B88-4DCB-A0E5-1F80A31BC764.jpeg

Thanks for the quick replies. Below are a few more shots.

The “claw” seems to have the overall shape down to where it would connect into a toe bone. There is even a small round indent right in that area that seems to be on some other googled pictures.

The “tooth” I don’t believe is flint and is not like any other rocks I have ever seen in Big Brook. What made me think hadrosaur was the oblong shape and the rounded ridges.

2B839FFC-CC19-4EA7-B2A0-029DFE27A0F8.jpeg

38B18D2C-CD0D-4533-925E-E9CB88CC1BD3.jpeg

Thanks, I had my hopes up slightly on these.

Was one of those times you spot something high up with a shape and pick it up expecting it to obviously be nothing but I wasn’t sure on this one.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Trevor said:

Hello @JJT3, it appears to me that you have (1) a concretion and (2) a chunk of iron.

Agreed 

I still pick up concretions like this all the time (and from time to time, it doesn't end up being a concretion!). Big Brook is loaded with these but it's also loaded with fossils so keep getting out there and welcome to the forum!! :)

• I found this Informative 1