Possible fossil?

Leyyy

found this fossil looking thingy loooong ago in the Netherlands. It kinda has the shape of a bone but i have no idea. 

709B9A4F-2C8F-4EEC-9A19-B42D546E969A.jpeg

5418CFAB-92F9-49E8-80E1-40A8F07520E4.jpeg

29816284-524A-4E1C-8539-25427A6E67B3.jpeg

Edited by Leyyy

Any chance to post the actual photos here? Many members are not comfortable downloading files for a variety of reasons. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

Any chance to post the actual photos here? Many members are not comfortable downloading files for a variety of reasons. ;) 

Yeah i had some trouble with the sizes of the photos

Where in the Netherlands did you find this? Members will likely need more location information to be able to identify this properly. @Max-fossils

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Well i dont know anymore. Like i said it was a long time ago. I live in Limburg so most likely i found it there. 

16 minutes ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Where in the Netherlands did you find this? Members will likely need more location information to be able to identify this properly. @Max-fossils

Most likely in limburg 

Oh I’ve come across many like this one before, namely on the beaches in the Netherlands where I hunt, but they can be found anywhere. They’re just dark green rocks covered with some type of white stuff. I can’t tell you what type of rock it is (they look a bit like flint but I don’t think that’s what it is), but I can tell you that they’re not fossils. I believe that if you break the rock (might need a hammer), the inside will show you that it’s clearly geological in origin. 

Limburg has some exceptional fossils though (namely the first Mosasaurus!), you should try visiting the museum there and ask them which sites/quarries are still accessible to find fossils. The ENCI is now closed unfortunately, but I heard there’s a path not far away where you can still find good fossils. 

@Thecosmilia Trichitoma thanks for the tag btw :)

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

2 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Oh I’ve come across many like this one before, namely on the beaches in the Netherlands where I hunt, but they can be found anywhere. They’re just dark green rocks covered with some type of white stuff. I can’t tell you what type of rock it is (they look a bit like flint but I don’t think that’s what it is), but I can tell you that they’re not fossils. I believe that if you break the rock (might need a hammer), the inside will show you that it’s clearly geological in origin. 

Limburg has some exceptional fossils though (namely the first Mosasaurus!), you should try visiting the museum there and ask them which sites/quarries are still accessible to find fossils. The ENCI is now closed unfortunately, but I heard there’s a path not far away where you can still find good fossils. 

@Thecosmilia Trichitoma thanks for the tag btw :)

Ohh well atleast now i know what it is hahaha. If love to go to the ENCI but later when its open again but thanks for the reaction