Novis Trilobite ID

deadface

Hi All

I was directed tp this forum after asking one of the online stores to help with more information.

My father had some fossils that he obtained while on a trip to Banff, Canada.  I believe these were found while hiking long ago and, sadly, I never paid much attention to them.  One is a coral looking structure which I will post later.  The coral was from a place he called Fossil Ridge.    However, the one the looks the "nicest" is shown below and I do know that it is a Trilobite.  Is there a specific type of Trilobite or any kind of information.  As a subjective followup, is this something that can be displayed in some way?

Trilobite3.jpg

Trilobite2.jpg

Trilobite1.jpg

Its a common calymene trilobite from Morocco, upper Ordovician in age I believe

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

OK.  So this is from Morocco?  Perhaps my dad bought it is a store that got fossils from all over the place.  Thanks for the ID.

28 minutes ago, deadface said:

OK.  So this is from Morocco?  Perhaps my dad bought it is a store that got fossils from all over the place.  Thanks for the ID.

yes the trilobite is from morocco but are sold in many rock and fossil shops in the US

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

It is very likely Flexicalymene ouzregui, and as @Top Trilo stated, it is from Morocco. It is Ordovician in age, and these are generally found by breaking apart nodules. In terms of display, these are "what you see is what you get." Given that they are common, they are also very affordable, so acquiring a nicer specimen would be very easy. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

10 minutes ago, Kane said:

It is very likely Flexicalymene ouzregui,

I knew I wasn't losing my mind! I thought I heard these Moroccan trilobites are actually flexicalymene but most places have them labeled calymene

48 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

I knew I wasn't losing my mind! I thought I heard these Moroccan trilobites are actually flexicalymene but most places have them labeled calymene

You were in the right family, for sure. :) 

There is also another variant known as Colpocoryphe grandis that looks very similar, but has smooth pygidial "flanks." These giant calymenids make one last comeback in the Lower Devonian before vanishing forever. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer