Mosasaurus tooth and How about this trilobite?

Hi again! 

I figured since you were all so helpful with the fake trilobite that'd I would show you the mosa tooth I bought from the same seller. How does this look? It hasnt arrived yet so this picture came from the seller.

Screenshot_20210201-213840_eBay.thumb.jpg.bfbfbea4f99f02cae9663efeb99ca9ff.jpg

Then as a bonus, this is the trilobite I'm thinking of getting to replace the fake I'm sending back. This one has to be real right? :)Screenshot_20210201-214424_eBay.thumb.jpg.e1f8a1bc15cecbf2fc77baef4859d690.jpgScreenshot_20210201-214414_eBay.thumb.jpg.0458e43bdf87c06230fd827764f177ea.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-213840_eBay.thumb.jpg.bfbfbea4f99f02cae9663efeb99ca9ff.jpg.9f926a1231e95ce538c603c695481569.jpg

Hello. Your mosasaur tooth is Prognathodon sp. It is real, but the crown has a large section of repair. The tip was broken off from the rest of the tooth and re-attached. Unfortunately, this may be a case of compositing where the current tip and the rest of the tooth came from two unrelated specimens. 

@Kane I'm not great with trilobites, but I think Metacanthina was reclassified as Hollardops. My trilo knowledge is lacking so I might be wrong.

• I found this Informative 1

31 minutes ago, Praefectus said:

@Kane I'm not great with trilobites, but I think Metacanthina was reclassified as Hollardops. My trilo knowledge is lacking so I might be wrong.

You’re right. :DOH:
I must have temporarily slipped into my time machine. :D 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I agree with Hollardops, and does look to be genuine. You can see a repaired crack running through the trilobite, detailed eye facets and what looks to be some dings from preperation.

Your mosasaur tooth is real, no resto evident on the side shown.  Looks like some of the enamel has come off in the center of the crown.  Handle with care to avoid more coming off.

I agree, it looks like the tooth lost its enamel on one side (actually, the photographs are not clear enough to see whether the white part is dentine or restoration), but was repaired on the other side. Probably it's just a gap that has been filled, but there's a slight chance that the tooth has been fitted back together. The tip and base + root seem to belong together, however.

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett