Pareidoliajim

Hi all. Back again with a couple of items, which hopefully is more straightforward and recognizable than the previous items I've submitted. Here are some:

20210205_225438.jpg

20210205_225716.jpg

20210205_225748.jpg

I think most of these are rocks although the last one in your first post may be something but I don’t know what it would be, I do think these would look pretty cool in a polisher :Smiling:

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

12 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

I think most of these are rocks although the last one in your first post may be something but I don’t know what it would be, I do think these would look pretty cool in a polisher :Smiling:

No rock polisher for this boy!!! They display well as is. ;)

1 minute ago, Pareidoliajim said:

No rock polisher for this boy!!! They display well as is. ;)

I too enjoy looking at rocks ;)

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

15 minutes ago, Pareidoliajim said:

Screenshot_20210206-013911.png

I don't think so.  :unsure: 

20210206_004328.thumb.jpg.aafb8ec5d4096bc9f328fb95fd4d8581.jpg

20210205_225716.thumb.jpg.270fcb7d1a7720c46fb65f6308a0d407.jpg

I think the rest are geologic in nature.  :( 

• I Agree 6

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

I don't think so.  :unsure: 

20210206_004328.thumb.jpg.aafb8ec5d4096bc9f328fb95fd4d8581.jpg  20210205_225716.thumb.jpg.270fcb7d1a7720c46fb65f6308a0d407.jpg

I think the rest are geologic in nature.  :( 

It's all good. Didn't really expect much anyway. Appreciate it tho... Here's my (laughable) theory: 

I looked at a map of where the Chicxulub impactor struck some 66 million years ago and my heart stopped when I saw it was some 1,500 miles away (as the crow flies), almost directly across the Gulf from here. Would that not have sucked all oxygen out of the air and soil, then whatever was partially submerged or blown into marshy areas by the 900mph pulse blast wind was preserved as intense heat instantly solidified said area, perhaps coated with a fine layer of iridium and oxygen free mud, then tons of plasmatic debris falling on top, preserving specimens? Then the world was plummeted into a deep freeze for years, sealing the deal. After all, it was only 30 years ago when the discovery of the impactor was made public, and even then, most academics dismissed it as rubbish for about the next decade. Apparently no fossils are linked to this event in the immediate area? 

Just asking.

Not trying to argue, just looking for some unanswered information associated with the impactor and what transpired to the inhabitants of this area at the time. Thanks for taking the time to read this tripe. ;)

Gulick told Newsweek that the space rock would have come in at a speed of more than 12 miles per second, so even dinosaurs 1,000 miles from the impact probably didn’t live very long before the heat reached them.

“Effectively within 1,500 kilometers you would have seen very little before being incinerated,” he said.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2019/09/take-a-closer-look-at-the-chicxulub-crater-global-extinction-event/

16 minutes ago, Pareidoliajim said:

I looked at a map of where the Chicxulub impactor struck some 66 million years ago and my heart stopped when I saw it was some 1,500 miles away (as the crow flies), almost directly across the Gulf from here.

I always thought about it that descriptions almost always used words like incinerated and much more often "vaporized"...As a kid, that word vaporized got my attention.  I wondered what it was like to be vaporized.   I may be way off, but thought that applied to Florida,  Texas, any land around the current Gulf of Mexico.

We'll see what others think....

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

22 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Gulick told Newsweek that the space rock would have come in at a speed of more than 12 miles per second, so even dinosaurs 1,000 miles from the impact probably didn’t live very long before the heat reached them.

“Effectively within 1,500 kilometers you would have seen very little before being incinerated,” he said.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2019/09/take-a-closer-look-at-the-chicxulub-crater-global-extinction-event/

I always thought about it that descriptions almost always used words like incinerated and much more often "vaporized"...As a kid, that word vaporized got my attention.  I wondered what it was like to be vaporized.   I may be way off, but thought that applied to Florida,  Texas, any land around the current Gulf of Mexico.

We'll see what others think....

Please don't quote me, as I've just taken a mini crash course on the subject over the past couple of days, but I believe the plasmatic ejection created a searing wind pulse lasting 10-20 seconds of about 900mph and temps at the core of the site of 10,000 degrees. The burning wind would have knocked living beings into the soft muck, singeing one side of the animal, then thrusting the unburned side of the beast into the now anaerobic mud, preserving the unburned remains.

20210206_150822.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pareidoliajim said:

Please don't quote me, as I've just taken a mini crash course on the subject over the past couple of days, but I believe the plasmatic ejection created a searing wind pulse lasting 10-20 seconds of about 900mph and temps at the core of the site of 10,000 degrees. The burning wind would have knocked living beings into the soft muck, singeing one side of the animal, then thrusting the unburned side of the beast into the now anaerobic mud, preserving the unburned remains.

I like it !!!! especially as a fossil hunter. This is a much better scenario for finding great stuff.  It just seems like it should be provable . known one way or the other...

We have lots of people searching for fossils in Texas and Florida. If there are fossils directly under the KT boundary, it seems like it should be widely known.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

All geologic other than the shell imprint. You are showing many pieces of igneous and metamorphic rock that superficially resemble dinosaur fossils (or whatever else you think they are.) Closer to the site, such as where you are, everything would have been completely destroyed, with nothing even slightly recognizable left. There wouldn’t be a “singed side.” It would have been complete destruction, think atomic bomb ground zero but hundreds of times worse. There wouldn’t be “soft muck” left. Much further from the blast, where everything wasn’t instantly vaporized, there would be a rain of molten glass and other elements, as well as a wave of water and ash. Signs of this can be found, such as little balls of glass called tektites. There is a fossil assemblage in North Dakota (much further from the blast than where you are) that contains fossils that seem to have died at that time. But what you are finding are just rocks. (other than the shell imprint.) There are many more reasons why this is true, but this is the main one.

• I found this Informative 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/animals-in-north-dakota-died-from-chicxulub-asteroid-in-mexico-65684 Here is an article with more information about the fossil assemblage. (Although it was much further from the impact site than where you are.)

• I found this Informative 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Reading about what probably happened 66 million years ago always blows my mind. And most of the deaths from it in Texas would be marine life seeing as it was mostly underwater at the time ;)

Oh, yes indeed. It all seems far fetched, and more than likely is. I'm baffled as to why only I can see these things in the items in question. Must be an optical illusion on my end, like one of those "magic eye" type pictures. I really saw nothing upon first glance- and it all would've ended right then and there-, but then after looking at the images from all angles, I saw one item, then the rest kind of came through all at once. When I look at them now, that's all I see. Even by eye. Lol. At some point, I will have them photographed at high resolution, or x-rayed, just to ease my mind. :zen: Believe it or not, I do highly respect all members here and their lifetimes' work and dedication to research. Sorry if I came off as argumentative, that was not my intent. But don't worry. I won't be shaking my neighbors by the shoulders, or yanking the spectacles from my face with my pinky finger, proclaiming "good God man!"  I might be a little over-passionate, but I'm not completely crazy. ;) I just guess I missed my calling. Probably, fortunately for academia at large.  ;)

1 hour ago, Pareidoliajim said:

Oh, yes indeed. It all seems far fetched, and more than likely is. I'm baffled as to why only I can see these things in the items in question. Must be an optical illusion on my end, like one of those "magic eye" type pictures. I really saw nothing upon first glance- and it all would've ended right then and there-, but then after looking at the images from all angles, I saw one item, then the rest kind of came through all at once. When I look at them now, that's all I see. Even by eye. Lol. At some point, I will have them photographed at high resolution, or x-rayed, just to ease my mind. :zen: Believe it or not, I do highly respect all members here and their lifetimes' work and dedication to research. Sorry if I came off as argumentative, that was not my intent. But don't worry. I won't be shaking my neighbors by the shoulders, or yanking the spectacles from my face with my pinky finger, proclaiming "good God man!"  I might be a little over-passionate, but I'm not completely crazy. ;) I just guess I missed my calling. Probably, fortunately for academia at large.  ;)

Nah dude, I think the imagination is good, the inquisitiveness is good. I would say just focus it into continued reading and education. A lot of the theories you’re coming up with to fill in the gaps might sound wild, but in my experience reality is every bit as crazy as any fiction you could cook up. A lot of it might sound more dull at first by comparison, but the more time you spend contemplating it, the crazier you realize the world around you, in reality, is

8 hours ago, Pareidoliajim said:

None of us have seen it in person which makes it a lot easier to view different angles and see those cool objects, I do this too when I find something especially in an area that has fossils, I look at every square millimeter of it and see several things along the way. it seems you are very passionate about fossils and don't mind if some of the rocks don't have fossils, I hope you stay here ;)

5 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

None of us have seen it in person which makes it a lot easier to view different angles and see those cool objects, I do this too when I find something especially in an area that has fossils, I look at every square millimeter of it and see several things along the way. it seems you are very passionate about fossils and don't mind if some of the rocks don't have fossils, I hope you stay here ;)

Yesh.

I probably had spent less than 2 hours total searching for the items over the course of a couple days. I know I've spent well over 12 hours photographing the specimens under varying light and angles. My sister calls me "obsessive". I find these things therapeudic and relaxing to the mind. It really does boil down. Here's a different angle of one of 'em:

Screenshot_20210207-141507.png