Mainefossils

Fossil forum, 

I just uncovered this possible fossil. It is from the Leighton Fm. To be honest, I am not sure it is actually a fossil, but I wanted to check. I was thinking that it could be a conodont element, but am unsure. Any help on its id would be helpful. Here are some pictures of it:

406412177_conodont1.thumb.jpg.4eb102461946baa7456e46fd13f8ad70.jpg     182596735_conodont2.thumb.jpg.7f206bf99b9e2c0588af568d842430de.jpg

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

I don't see any evidence of enamel, thus, not a tooth, unfortunately.

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

I was afraid so. Thanks so much!

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

That's not to say it isn't a fossil though - I'd wait until someone else comes! :)

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

I don't know conodont elements very well. However, I believe it would be helpful to fully uncover/extract the object in question.

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff