Ice Age bones need ID

Zenmaster6

Found in South Texas

Next to white mastodon tooth with white tusk.

The stuff down here does not mineralize.

This is misc stuff I thought was chunkothere, but looked a second time and saw something there.

first 3 I was wondering if its turtle or tortoise shell.

20210308_133738.jpg

20210308_133738.jpg

20210308_133734.jpg

20210308_133723.jpg

The pictures from the whiter object in your first post make it look more like rock to me rather than turtle/tortoise because it seems like it's missing that vascular spongy blood network I'm used to seeing.  But I'm sure someone with more experience may have a better answer.

Hard to tell on the others. The top and bottom item in the last picture do look like they have some spongy network there.  Hard to tell about the one on the right in your last picture. Could help to see the sides of it better.

Here's an example of a piece of turtle shell I've found.  This one wasn't cleaned up when I took the picture, so it still has some green mildew, but on the right side you can see the spongy looking tissue I'm talking about in the broken cross section.

IMG_20201122_002308682.jpg

This is a turtle scute I found here in South Texas. 

The reason I think it was a tortoise scute was because I found it next to a mastodon molar and a segment of tusk. 

Im sure it isnt a rock but I dont know what it could be. Doesnt look like bone to me, so I assumed shell material. 

Is there any possibility of the shell around the skirt?

20210308_183153.jpg

20210308_183153.jpg

20210308_183200.jpg

It's a little hard for me to reference which of your items I'm talking about since you have several here.  It can help to number your items if you include several different ones in the same post. 

But I would say the lighter piece in the bottom two pictures of your last post is rock.  Maybe siltstone? I see what you're saying about a symmetrical shape, but from those pictures the edges look broken to me, not a natural seam, so I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the shape.

On the darker piece in your comment above it, it does look like there's a seam running through the center that may indicate a piece of turtle shell or plastron, and it has an interesting texture.  But it would help to have better, clearer pictures of the top and sides for people (with more experience than me) to help you ID it.  Especially a good clear picture directly from top down.

I think putting so many objects in one post may hinder people in guessing on these items because sometimes people need four or five detailed pictures of one item alone to get a solid ID.  

You may want to pick an item you think has the most identifying details and focus just one post on it with ruler measurements and detailed view of the top, sides and bottom.

I don't think the lighter colored object is your best bet.  I could be wrong, but it looks to me like a stone with a dried plant matter network on it creating an illusion that the rock is a fossil.

Cool finds though and some of them definitely look like fossil material even if they can't be identified.

Good luck!