Burmite oddity

daves64

Not sure if this video will work or not. This is a short video of something weird I just saw in a piece of Burmese amber. This piece has had nothing done with it in months,, remaining closed up in a container with no contact with liquids of any sort. Yet, I seem to have liquid moving around inside? The insect is what I was originally trying to view (Fairy Wasp). Any idea's on this? I'm at a loss on this. I realize some won't want to dl the video, but I assure you, my computer is virus free. Just not sure how else to present this.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I think this is called an enhydros., a neat addition to your insect!! 

Mike

I find it really fascinating that micro bubbles trapped in the amber have remained in there for millions of years. 

One would think that even the minutest fissures in the Amber would have allowed it to escape over time. 

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector

Very cool

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The oddest part of the flow, or whatever it is, is that the piece was stationary. With standard enhydros, you can see movement, usually a bubble in the liquid, by tipping the piece at angles. Not so with this one. Sitting flat, not moving, yet it still moves. Might be the slight heat from the LEDs in the Dino-Lite, but I don't know. :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.