I want to prep fossils what equipment should I get?

I should also say that I'm not running the shop vac continuously if I'm doing fine scribe work, but I will if I'm doing abrasion. If scribing, I may turn it on every once in a while for half a minute out of every hour to clear out any fine dust that is hanging about, but it very much depends on the matrix I'm working with. 

I can tell you from experience that @Kane’s dust collection system is a great idea to save your shop vac a lot of wear and tear. My experience with them has been more from woodworking than fossil prep, but the same concept applies. You want something to separate the bulk of the dust and debris from the vacuum itself. A good filter on the shop vac will help with the remainder of the dust that makes it to the vacuum.

If DIY is not your thing, you can purchase these online or from big box stores. Just search the internet for something along the lines of “shop vac dust separator”. You can get these as (more expensive) stand alone units or cheaper versions that sit on the top of a standard bucket (replaces the lid). 

• I found this Informative 1
1 hour ago, fossilhunter21 said:

Around what size do you build a blast box?

Depends entirely on what size of fossils and how much working room you need. Build based on the future needs, not what you have right now.  If you do a search for prep box, blast box on here you will find a lot of threads about builds and pics of people's builds

• I found this Informative 1