ID requested: Eocene (Lutetian) shark teeth from Balegem - Oosterzele (Belgium)

giannisergente

Hello everybody, can you help me with these?

#T1: Carcharias sp (?) or Striatolamia Macrota (?)

s1_2.thumb.jpg.39d02c40aabfa804b050f4ecfdcd1edf.jpgs1.thumb.jpg.e8a446fef4c9bc4bc9eea913c51e1c33.jpg

#T2: Otodus Catticus (???) or maybe, Brachycarcharias Lerichei or Hypotodus verticalis (upper lateral) [On the box was written Otodus Catticus, but I don't know if it belongs to Balegem as specie...]

s5.thumb.jpg.caad744c7ee0750bbf18dc66cee378fd.jpgs4.thumb.jpg.0216ee60d5fd3ca3b5fe66fb4fd087d4.jpgs5.thumb.jpg.caad744c7ee0750bbf18dc66cee378fd.jpg

s2.thumb.jpg.5c560909f8aecff46629fb5d06d8aff3.jpg

#T3: Brachycarcharias Lerichei or Striatolamia Macrota (?)

s3.jpg

#T4: ??? I don't have any idea...

s6.thumb.jpg.da338dd5d6b7ec1921550c9b71c7a3ec.jpg

Thanks in advance:)

Gian

That website looks like it could be very useful, bit I can't figure out how to search it.  If I use the "advanced search" and put in a genus and species, I get a long list of references most of which have no mention of the species in the query and no images like what you posted.  If I put the name in the "search with Google" box I get a screen that says "loading" that never loads.

Don

34 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

That website looks like it could be very useful, bit I can't figure out how to search it.  If I use the "advanced search" and put in a genus and species, I get a long list of references most of which have no mention of the species in the query and no images like what you posted.  If I put the name in the "search with Google" box I get a screen that says "loading" that never loads.

Don

The website is mostly a list of references which is useful if you are interested in everything published on a certain species. You can also search authors and get a list of every shark related paper that author has published.  They sometimes borrow images like the one I copied. The image they borrowed comes from here-http://vertebresfossiles.free.fr/vertebres_bassin_parisien/planches_elasmo_bp/planches_elasmo_bp.htm

Thanks for the update.  I was hoping that it would be an alternative or addition to Elasmo.com for identification.  A thorough bibliographic database is also useful of course.

Don