Gareth_

2 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Where is this from? Do you know the age and formation?

I have no information on it unfortunately. This came from a shop that called an Otodus angustidens & Otodus chubutensis tooth both Megalodon teeth.
There was a bunch more small teeth there, in poor condition.... all appeared to be juvenile Meg too, one may have been a Chub tooth with a little flare out of the blade by the root, but it was worn. 

16 minutes ago, Gareth_ said:

There was a bunch more small teeth there, in poor condition.... all appeared to be juvenile Meg too, one may have been a Chub tooth with a little flare out of the blade by the root, but it was worn. 

If all teeth came from the same location, it could mean they came from a shark nursery... :b_idea:

• Enjoyed 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

17 hours ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

If all teeth came from the same location, it could mean they came from a shark nursery... :b_idea:

Shark nursey..... sounds cute and cuddly, but that would be an unpleasant place to swim!

I did forget to mention there was one tooth there, a bit larger than the one I bought, serrations well worn and no evidence of a bourlette (not saying there wasn't one, just poor preservation). Great  White did cross my mind for that tooth, so did Megalodon.... no easy ID and poor preservation just didn't twist my arm to buy it. 

• Enjoyed 1