Fossil of Belemnite With Prey Being Preyed Upon by Shark

Scylla

• Kane changed the title to Fossil of Belemnite With Prey Being Preyed Upon by Shark

I think that a hungry shark took a chunk out of the belemnite that fell dying to the ocean floor and by a twist of fate landed atop an innocent passing shrimpy-thing in the process of keeping a low-profile during it's molt. The belemnite, in its death throes, lashed out, caught the shrimp and, believing it to be its aggressor, bit it to death. 

It's a cruel world.  

Edited by Tidgy's Dad
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

11 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I think that a hungry shark took a chunk out of the belemnite that fell dying to the ocean floor and by a twist of fate landed atop an innocent passing shrimpy-thing in the process of keeping a low-profile during it's molt. The belemnite, in its death throes, lashed out, caught the shrimp and, believing it to be its aggressor, bit it to death. 

It's a cruel world.  

Maybe the crustacean was dragging the belemnite to its lair to devour it but ended up in a tug of war with the shark and they both died of exhaustion:P

• Enjoyed 1