Ammonite sites in Montana, Wyoming, North & South Dakota!

PrehistoricWonders

Hey everyone! I know it’s a long shot, but  I’m currently in Montana and will be for abt 1 1/2 more days, and was wondering if anyone had any ammonite sites in Montana, South and North Dakota, or Wyoming, I’d be willing to trade a spot, or take whomever it was out to Ernst quarries, or trade fossils for the site, if anyone’s interested in that, please let me know.

Just interested in ammonites? If I had more time to line up sites I might have been able to take you out to Fox Hills sites in central ND but the ammonite concretions are always hit or miss. I'm waiting for more erosion at old sites and just searching new ones. I do have a few lined up but can't guarantee any productivity. I usually like to have more lined up for a trip in case several bust. What area of Montana are you in?

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

Just interested in ammonites? If I had more time to line up sites I might have been able to take you out to Fox Hills sites in central ND but the ammonite concretions are always hit or miss. I'm waiting for more erosion at old sites and just searching new ones. I do have a few lined up but can't guarantee any productivity. I usually like to have more lined up for a trip in case several bust. What area of Montana are you in?

Hey! Thank you for the response! I am currently in glendive Montana, I am moving to Cali(from NJ), and I’m hitting kemmerer, and STH(4 dates booked currently), and was really hoping to add a few cool ammonites, or something similar to my collection, since I don’t have to many, and it’s been on the bucket list for a while, so I was curious if there was anything close within 1-2 hours.

1 hour ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Hey! Thank you for the response! I am currently in glendive Montana, I am moving to Cali(from NJ), and I’m hitting kemmerer, and STH(4 dates booked currently), and was really hoping to add a few cool ammonites, or something similar to my collection, since I don’t have to many, and it’s been on the bucket list for a while, so I was curious if there was anything close within 1-2 hours.

Hmm, 1-2 hours is a bit short for all the Fox Hills exposures in North Dakota. They're more like 3-4 hours from Glendive since most are south of Bismarck. I know there are good Bearpaw Shale exposures in Montana but I've never been to one (yet) so I can't really give any advice on that.