Agaleus + Other Jurassic Shark Teeth Wanted

Untitled

Hello, everyone!

I am in search of Jurassic shark teeth.  Primary species I am looking for is Agaleus dorsetensis, an Early Jurassic Galeomorph shark that has been found in Europe, most commonly at Lyme Regis, UK.  I prefer teeth with no matrix, no repairs or restoration.

Other Jurassic taxa I am looking for include:

Palaeocarcharias stromeri 

Crassodontidanus 

Notidanoides

Phorcynis catulina

Palaeoscyllium formosum

Corysodon cirinensis

I can offer fossil shark teeth of different rarities, depending on which teeth of these you can offer.  Some of the more desirable taxa can warrant teeth of high rarity in return.  I have everything from deep-sea squaliform material, to many of the desirable Cretaceous lamniform species, and other scarce shark taxa.  

Please send me a PM if you have any of these teeth, and what species you may be looking for in return!

Best Regards

Ben

Edited by Untitled
  • I found this Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

I asked around about these taxa.  Agaleus is known from a few localities in Europe but it's very rare at each of them.  One friend has one complete specimen from England.  He has one or two Palaeoscyllium but neither is up for trade.

Palaeocarcharias appears to be extremely rare.  

Notidanoides and Crassonotidanus are actually not rare but a complete tooth is.  You could probably find someone who would trade a partial.

Bottom line...there are European collectors who would like to get complete specimens of those as well.

Jess

• I found this Informative 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 5:50 AM, Untitled said:

Hello, everyone!

I am in search of Jurassic shark teeth.  Primary species I am looking for is Agaleus dorsetensis, an Early Jurassic Galeomorph shark that has been found in Europe, most commonly at Lyme Regis, UK.  I prefer teeth with no matrix, no repairs or restoration.

Other Jurassic taxa I am looking for include:

Palaeocarcharias stromeri 

Crassodontidanus 

Notidanoides

Phorcynis catulina

Palaeoscyllium formosum

Corysodon cirinensis

I can offer fossil shark teeth of different rarities, depending on which teeth of these you can offer.  Some of the more desirable taxa can warrant teeth of high rarity in return.  I have everything from deep-sea squaliform material, to many of the desirable Cretaceous lamniform species, and other scarce shark taxa.  

Please send me a PM if you have any of these teeth, and what species you may be looking for in return!

Best Regards

Ben

What are you still after?

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

9 hours ago, Jesuslover340 said:

What are you still after?

Hello,

I have found an Agaleus but would still be looking for a better quality example, as well as the other teeth on this list.  Other Triassic and Jurassic sharks, as well, are of interest to me.  Please message me if you have any.  Thanks!

Best Regards 

Ben