North Western Virginia but no clue what I found!

Whatnots

Some oddities while metal detecting can anyone help me ID this its like nothing else Ive ever seen before thanks!!!

20210528_114456.jpg

20210528_114453.jpg

20210530_135536.jpg

20210530_135533.jpg

I dont really know what you found but that even mesh pattern makes me think something man made poured against a mold

• I Agree 1

You've heard of potato sack races ? You've heard the expression 'wearing cement shoes for a mob hit ?

This is potato sack wet shoes. :) A burlap sack of concrete. I think. 

Lol a mob hit Id think would do a better job than be 3' underground :heartylaugh: I found this in the same hole Im just lost on figuring this one out surely 

20210529_173204.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-002558_Photo Editor.jpg

20210527_153021.jpg

I'm thinking the hole was the old out house, filled with discarded refuse. Like the cement that got wet and hardened in the sack.

No it is alongside the woods no cement there only these weird rocks and these nail and oddities so far.  I stopped digging once I got to a bone I couldnt ID although I will prob go dig some more and see what else turns up 

Maybe its a dinosaur egg!! :zzzzscratchchin:

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

I'm thinking the hole was the old out house, filled with discarded refuse. Like the cement that got wet and hardened in the sack.

Ok thats just gross haha theres alot of charcoal there too---  Maybe its a dinosaur egg!! :zzzzscratchchin:

1 hour ago, Whatnots said:

theres alot of charcoal there too---  Maybe its a dinosaur egg!!

I think the logic needs some explaining on that. Why would you think that ?

Because its crackled looking and im at a loss otherwise lol

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Ok thats just gross haha theres alot of charcoal there too---  Maybe its a dinosaur egg!! :zzzzscratchchin:

20210531_042213.jpg

20210531_041258.jpg

20210531_041453.jpg

Ok. I hope I don't come across as being rude, but here's how I see it.

These are rusted pieces of human worked iron. The bone has been sawn judging by the clean square end. The pattern seen on the surface of the spheroid object is distinctly that left by something woven, and there is charcoal present. In my book you need an archaeologist instead of a paleontologist. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Agreed that this is an archaeological rather than paleontological find. The pottery fragments might be a hint as to the age.

• I found this Informative 1