Post Oak Creek random bone id help

jikohr

Hi everyone!

Ya'll where a huge help with the shark teeth I posted, so I figured I'd ask for some help with some of the more unusual stuff I've found at Post Oak Creek. For anyone who doesn't know Post Oak Creek is a small gravel filled stream in north Texas that lots of Cretaceous shark teeth get washed into from the Eagle Ford Group (shout out to ThePhysicist for clarifying the formation!). However a lot of Pleistocene material gets washed in there as well so you get this lovely set of gravel bars where you're finding stuff like crow shark and goblin shark teeth in the same sift as a bison tooth or a horse bone.

Anyway here are a few small Pleistocene fossils I could really use some help identifying.

The first is a phalange, I'm thinking either Racoon or Bobcat though I don't know for sure.

Second I think is a bird bone since it's completely hollow though I have no idea what bird (if it is a bird I'm counting this as finding a dinosaur bone in Texas!)

Third is an incisor from a mammal I think.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4893.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

Not sure about the first or second bone, but the third (which is a tooth) looks like a modern pig incisor to me. One way to determine if the first bone stands a chance of being fossilized and not modern as well is to scratch the porous bit that's been worn down and revealed with a fingernail - if it crumbles easily and feels chalky, it's modern; if there's some serious resistance and snaps instead of crumbling away into powder, it is likely much older.