Some Fossil Leafs I Prepped Today

RJB

Today I went out to the shed and looked for whatever ammos I might have missed. I did find one rather large placenticeras that I still have to prep, but I ran into these very nice leaf fossils, and thought, "wouldnt it be nice to prep something else for a change". So I did, plus it didnt take long. I still have to trim then up with my tile saw, but they are close to done. The really neato one with the 5 different species of leafs also has an insect on the poplar leaf!! Just cooler than snarge man!!! Im going to keep that one! Enjoy

RB

Oh, these beauts come from the Parachute member of the green river formation.

post-171-1206480737_thumb.jpg

post-171-1206480838_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,, I still have more to prep someday, but the sycamore leafs have problems that will take some time to prep, Once done, I will post some more photos. Also, my son and I litteraly moved about 7 tons of material in three days to get this good stuff!!! Very big pry bars and lots and lots of big chisles!!! Not counting lots of brute strength!!! Its deffinetly a young mans game!!! Im getting too old for this? But what fun it is.

RB

Looks like the stuff from bonanza I was just out there for 2 days last week and found some fabulous leaves including one plate with seven sycamores and about 10 other leaves on it ill have to post some pics of it when its done.

Looks like the stuff from bonanza I was just out there for 2 days last week and found some fabulous leaves including one plate with seven sycamores and about 10 other leaves on it ill have to post some pics of it when its done.

Hey Jared, I would love to see pics of your fossil leafs, Im sure everyone else would too. Seven sycamores? that has to be freakin awesome!!! Pics please!!!

RB

man Ron you have got everything in your collection! very nice slabs!

great prep job aswell!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

• 4 weeks later...