Can anyone read Chinese? Translation from dinosaur paper needed!

Paleoworld-101

I know this is a bit unusual but i am not sure who i can ask about this. I am currently researching dinosaur skin and am trying to read more about the described skin of the sauropod Mamenchisaurus youngi, which is discussed in a book published by Ouyang and He, 2002 "The First Mamenchisaurian Skeleton with Complete Skull: Mamenchisaurus youngi". I have a PDF copy of the book and the relevant section about the skin is pictured below, but the book is in Chinese and the PDF does not have copy-enabled text, so i can't copy/paste it into google translate. My only option is to find someone that can translate it for me. Perhaps there is someone on this diverse forum that can help :) If anyone can translate this text into English it would be very much appreciated! Thankfully it isn't that long. 

If someone is able to translate this, i'm happy for this topic to then be deleted afterwards, as i realise it's not the usual sort of content and probably doesn't need to be kept visible long term. 

1434779825_Mamenchisaurusskin2.thumb.png.ae9a79eb4d3d5ca326ea03db7be2d203.png

1895016652_Mamenchisaurusskin.thumb.png.c7375745885d3c9202f2ebfedc5c1984.png

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

"The skin surface (Figure 43) consists of a series of scales. Most of the scales are hexagonal and pentagonal, and a few are quadrilateral, with slightly rounded edges, varying in size, ranging from 6 to 15 mm in diameter, with no directional arrangement and irregular distribution. The scales are close to each other, but do not overlap each other, and are separated by gaps of relatively uniform width, forming an inlaid plate structure. In the range of about 120cm, there are more than 110 scales, and the average area of each scale is 80mm'. The grooves between the scales are connected in a net shape. From the depth of the grooves, the scales are 1.2~1.5mm thick, and the surface of the scales has no enamel layer, which is rough. Observed under a magnifying glass, it is covered with tumor-like small protrusions.

"The discovery of this skin fossil is the first discovery of a sauropod skin fossil in my country. It further reveals the surface structure of the sauropod dinosaur skin, and provides a reliable physical basis for restoring the shape of the sauropod dinosaur skin and exploring its ecological functions. ".

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Wow, that was fast, i am very happy!

This information may prove useful in a paper that i am presently writing with Mike Pittman. I'd be happy to give you an acknowledgement, what name would you like given? 

Cheers,

Nathan

P.S once i see your reply, you are welcome to delete this thread :)

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

My pleasure, friend. :) No acknowledgements necessary. Credit goes to finding an online OCR-style translator from image to text, and then plugging the output into Google Translate.  I'm just as inclined to leave this up since it may be of informative value to others who have dino skin in the game. :D 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer