Prepping a Trilobite

Welsh Wizard

Hi

I don’t normally collect trilobites but we spent a few days in mid wales drinking coffee and reading books. We also got a chance to look for trilobites.

Here is a partial on a block and whilst having a dig around, I found another one which I’m prepping out.

64CD0BA4-FD27-457B-93D8-763C535C7E90.thumb.jpeg.e24b8f817e843c6de3fa5caeb21ac536.jpeg

07295961-7815-4073-9303-39C62814E217.thumb.jpeg.ec9ebc33e5a0722d0b6b9f23de00f0fd.jpeg

• Enjoyed 8

Nice find! The ammonites are cool too

• Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more. Tail showing now but it looks like head is not there:

DD448263-A0A5-4244-B2DA-078064EA103A.thumb.jpeg.2a9d281e928bdecef77024aaf40d4427.jpeg

it’s quite a big one

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

2 hours ago, tombk said:

Very cool! Is the matrix very hard? What are you using to prep it? 

Thanks. The matrix isn’t that hard. It’s shale and I’m using a pneumatic pen.