Styracosaurus hoof?

Per Christian

Hi all, I came across this fossil for sale. It's listed as Styracosaurus, and comes from the Judith River Formation, hill county Northern Montana. It's 2.5 inches across. Does it look ceratopsian?

Screenshot_20210815-090923.png

Screenshot_20210815-090934.png

Screenshot_20210815-090938.png

Screenshot_20210815-090948.png

Screenshot_20210815-090952.png

Edited by Per Christian

Styracosaurus my favorite Ceratopsian might be present in the JRF but its currently only described from Dinosaur Park and Two Medicine Formations.   The ungual looks more hadrosaurian than Ceratopsian but its not prepared very well.  Its very slender typical of a hadrosaur 

Question how did you determine it was found in Hill County?  I looked at the listing and it only mentions  Northern Montana where it was found.

5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Styracosaurus my favorite Ceratopsian might be present in the JRF but its currently only described from Dinosaur Park and Two Medicine Formations.   The ungual looks more hadrosaurian than Ceratopsian but its not prepared very well.  Its very slender typical of a hadrosaur 

Question how did you determine it was found in Hill County?  I looked at the listing and it only mentions  Northern Montana where it was found.

Thanks! I messaged the seller and asked and he provided me with the county. I'll stay away from this one. I wasn't aware Styracosaurus is only known from Alberta